The Production Supervisor position is responsible for coordinating and direct the activities of the production department to maximize productivity and minimizing costs while maintaining quality. Primarily accountable for inspecting product to verify production specifications are met and train and supervise production personnel. Additional responsibilities include directing shift supervisors on production volume, quality standards, cost constraints and scheduling requirement ensuring effective utilization and maintenance of plant resources, recommend major equipment purchases.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Manage, initiate, and direct the activities of employee's and equipment.
- Allocating work to employees, setting production targets and communicating precise instructions.
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Respond to employee concerns promptly and work with HR to resolve.
- Monitor and initiate training activities in their department and all related documentation.
- Works and ensures that all employees work in a safe manner, in a safe environment.
- Conduct employee meetings.
- Complete performance evaluations for their department as required.
- Perform weekly safety inspections, 5s inspections, Layered Audits.
- Complete tasks as assigned from Monthly Workplace Inspections.
- Participate in the corrective action process.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment.
- Speak with managers and supervisors to explain progress of jobs and to obtain instructions and tasks.
- Teach employees and less experienced workers to install new equipment, perform maintenance tasks and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults.
- Develop and plan employees’ days, schedule appointments and adjust schedules.
- Assume a wide variety of roles to coordinate job tasks with those of junior workers, co-workers and subcontractors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
- Journeyman/woman trade certification in related field considered an asset.
- Minimum three years of machine shop experience and supervision experience considered an asset.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot machines and equipment.
- Ability to use basic computer applications and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to read completed inspection forms to ensure all maintenance, repair and inspection tasks have been adequately completed by workers.
- Identify structures and locate dimensions in scale drawings.
- Knowledge of applicable employment and safety legislation.
- Ability to continuously learn to keep up with new technologies, new products, new information and regulatory changes within industry.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.