At Doctors of BC our vision is to promote a social, economic, and political climate in which members can provide the citizens of BC with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Together, we make a difference so our doctors can make theirs.
Join us today!
DEPARTMENT: People & Technology
The People and Technology Department is comprised of three teams:
The People & Strategy team manages recruitment, employee benefits, compensation, job evaluation, policies and procedures, rewards and recognition, training, employee engagement initiatives and supports the culture at Doctors of BC. The People & Strategy department will also support questions and concerns regarding team work or work environment.
The Infrastructure team manages the physical office building and associated assets of Doctors of BC, and responds and provides resolution to any issues concerning office equipment, furniture, security, first-aid, and building maintenance. The team plays an active role within the Occupational Health and Safety Committee, manages ‘green’ initiatives, and supports on-site meetings.
The Information Technology team drives organizational change by providing technical solutions to the employees of Doctors of BC. With a focus on proactive customer service and leveraging technology to achieve business outcomes, the Information Technology team is a strategic business partner.
THE TEAM: Information Technology Team
The Information Technology team is responsible for the selection, implementation, integration, and support of the technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of Doctors of BC's mission and goals. The team provides technology support to employees, including computer hardware, applications, cloud technologies and cybersecurity solutions, in addition to specific technology support for the Divisions of Family Practice and Medical Staff Associations.
- This role is a remote role allowing the successful candidate to work anywhere in BC.
THE JOB: Salesforce Administrator
Reporting to the Manager, Business applications, the Salesforce Administrator at Doctors of BC, will play a pivotal role in the effective utilization, optimization, and maintenance of our Salesforce platform. As the Salesforce Administrator, you will collaborate with various teams across the organization to understand business requirements, translate them into technical solutions, and ensure the Salesforce environment aligns with organizational objectives. Your expertise will contribute to improving operational efficiency, enhancing member engagement, and driving data-driven decision-making.
- Customize and configure the Salesforce platform to meet organizational needs, including creating custom objects, fields, workflows, validation rules, and process automations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements, translating them into effective Salesforce solutions.
- Manage user profiles, roles, and permissions to ensure data security and access control.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights to different teams within the organization.
- Monitor data quality and perform regular data maintenance tasks, including data cleansing and deduplication.
- Stay current with Salesforce updates, best practices, and new features, recommending enhancements to optimize system performance.
- Provide end-user training and support, assisting users in understanding and effectively utilizing Salesforce features.
- Collaborate with the IT team to integrate Salesforce with other systems and applications as needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of data migration strategies when transitioning to new Salesforce functionalities.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and automation within the Salesforce environment.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Analytical Thinking (I):
- Determines criteria for assessing issues and opportunities. Establishes clear goals and priorities needed to assess performance.
- Identifies relationships and linkages between different information sources. Anticipates issues that are not readily apparent on the surface. Identifies root causes and effects. Establishes clear goals and priorities.
- Anticipates potential problems and develops solutions needed to resolve them. Systemically analyzes relationships between apparently independent problems and issues.
- Reviews and cross reviews reports. Identifies trends as well as isolated events. Translates analytical reports into management presentations and provides guidance to resolve issues.
- Anticipates the possible outcome of potential solutions. Identifies areas of significant concern or opportunity. Probes and initiates research to identify critical problems.
Communication for Results (I):
- Converses with, writes reports for, and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning. Seeks a consensus with business partners.
- Debates opinions, tests understanding, and clarifies judgments. Brings conflict into the open empathetically.
- Explains the context of multiple interrelated situations, asks searching, probing questions, and solicits expert advice prior to taking action and making recommendations.
Building Relationships (I):
- Provides informal functional leadership of peers and lower levels as a technical expert; may lead small project working teams; may oversee the work of outsourced, independent contractors
- Shares ideas, issues, and opportunities with members of personal network. Seeks referrals from others with relevant expertise and influence.
- Attends and maintains relationships with relevant formal and informal professional groups and organizations.
Business Analysis (I):
- Strong business analysis skills required, understanding associated business processes in detail and then designing an appropriate solution that enables key business success criteria.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of Salesforce for various business process enhancements.
- Review current business processes and goals, identify improvements and advise/ participate in the discussion of business requirements.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including implementation.
- Experience advising and collaborating closely with IT Operations and Project Management teams to determine interdependencies and coordinate/execute activities.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
Strategic thinking (I):
- Identify areas of improvement for current and new Salesforce platform features.
- Support the creation of Salesforce CRM platform roadmap and define priorities, liaising with stakeholders for further leveraging this system.
- Create well-crafted requirements to support understanding of the business problem.
- Work with business departments to analyze & design potential solutions, communicate proposed recommendations, obtain consensus from all stakeholders.
- Assess implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Develop solutions for ongoing business challenges, test and validate them.
- Recommend solutions to improve existing process and enterprise applications.
Doctors of BC Team Member: Approaches work with a collaborative spirit recognizing we are better together. Embraces change, provides excellence in service and is accountable for their results and helping others achieve theirs. Does the right thing, not the easy thing. Speaks openly and honestly to tackle tough challenges and enrich relationships. Balances hard work with fun and is genuinely friendly and committed to other’s wellbeing.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field preferred but not required.
- Good Understanding of Salesforce product knowledge and at least 2 to 5 years of hands-on Salesforce Administration.
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required.
- Experience in Service Cloud, and open to upskilling the Sales, Marketing & Experience Cloud.
- Good understanding of the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Improve Salesforce data quality, implementing rules and automation as needed during data migration from legacy systems.
- Release, Environment and Version Management with SBX/DEV/PROD for rollout of features and fixes
- Excellent documentation, facilitation and communication skills (verbal and written) and dedication to quality and timeliness.
- Monitor and support improvements in user adoption.
- Experience using modern project management tools like ClickUp, Jira, Freshservice is an asset
- Understanding of ERP systems for benefits, insurance, membership administration and financial processing is an asset.
- Understanding of basic triggers/Apex code knowledge is considered an asset
- Regular participation in the Salesforce community is considered an asset
Doctors of BC thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Doctors of BC celebrates diversity, challenges inequality and is committed to sustaining an inclusive and diverse community. We do not discriminate against any applicant regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, political beliefs and affiliations, family circumstances or other irrelevant distinction.