The W2 Group of Companies (“W2”) is a collection of privately owned companies including Wallace & Wallace Fences and Doors, Wallace Perimeter Security and New West Metals. Wallace & Wallace Fences and Doors is Manitoba’s leading fence, door, and perimeter security builder, and is looking to add a Payroll and Accounting Administrator to our growing team. The successful candidate will work out of our office located at 90 Lowson Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
About the Role
We are looking for a Payroll and Accounting Administrator interested in working part-time (20 hours per week). Days and hours are flexible within the normal business hours (7:00 am to 4:30 pm).
Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll and Accounting Administrator performs duties assigned to ensure the effective, efficient, and accurate operation of the Payroll and Accounting departments. Consistently ensuring payroll/accounting systems internal and external deadlines are met, policy implementation, and assisting in providing payroll, accounting, and finance-related support to the Controller and Supervisors. Key responsibilities include:
- Process bi-weekly payroll accurately and in a timely manner.
- Validate employee timesheets, conduct necessary calculations, reconcile financial records, enter data into the payroll system, and initiate the payroll processing cycle.
- Verify processes and set up employees from hire to resignation. Issue records of employment.
- Update employee information including reports to update changes in vacation accrual and salary rates.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll regulations.
- Format current pay journal entries received from external payroll service provider (Payworks) and enter into the financial system.
- Prepare confirmation of employment letters for employees.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required and requested.
- Respond to payroll inquiries by internal and external parties, as required.
- Calculate, allocate and input hours, calculate General Holiday Pay.
- Review year to dates, balance to Canada Revenue Agency statements, prepare, and process information and adjustments for T4/T4A's.
- Prepares and provides information on T2200's for employees.
SUPPORT TO THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT (FLOAT POSITION)
- Assist Accounts Receivable with the inputting of bank deposits into the Accounting System.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with e-mail inbox management to address customer queries and issues.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with the sending of monthly Customer Statements.
- Assist Accounts Payable with reviewing vendor statements.
- Assist with monthly account reconciliations when required.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Reconcile credit card expense reports to monthly visa statements.
- Prepare monthly intercompany invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Two years of relevant payroll experience.
- Proficient in using payroll software or systems. Experience with Payworks is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable processes is a plus.
- Computer experience in accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics GP) is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance and/or payroll is an asset.
- Knowledge of legislative rules and regulations governing payroll.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels. Must be able to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders.
Wage is negotiable based on qualifications.
We thank all applicants who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3P 2H8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you aware this is a part-time job (20 hours per week)?
- Canadian Payroll: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person