Startup Hardware Engineer FaraMed Technologies
FaraMed Tech is a funded and award winning early stage startup aiming to revolutionize pain management. We are working to create a device to manage pain without the use of drugs or invasive procedures.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated engineer to join our team and lead the development of the initial prototype of a portable, battery powered device, capable of generating high power magnetic pulses through a coil. The device should allow for customizable pulse rise time, pulse length, pulse frequency, and pulse power.
This is a remote position so access to lab equipment is strongly preferred.
- Collaborate closely with the founding team to define technical and functional requirements
- Design and develop a functional prototype of the device (hardware and firmware)
- Design the power circuitry (produce high power pulses from standard Li-ion battery)
- Test, debug, and iterate the full system (including electrical, magnetic, thermal systems)
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation (design specs, schematics, etc.)
- Collaborate with external partners to source components and assemble prototype
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in hardware and firmware development, preferably in the medical device sector
- Experience with microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Familiarity with power management, magnetic coil, and PCB design
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous and fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills to provide founding team with regular updates
- A track record of delivering high-quality prototypes on time and within budget constraints
This is a contract position with potential for extended collaboration (and full time position).
Join us in shaping the future of health technology and making an impact on people's lives.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $80,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5H 3V9