Location: Guelph, Ontario
· Have a complete working knowledge of all building systems. These systems would include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, fire alarm, parking equipment and irrigation system.
· Respond immediately to all emergencies such as fire, police, medical and security 24/7.
· Perform all tasks required under the Ontario Fire Code with respect to monthly and annual tests and inspections and keep records of such work.
· Ensure that all building systems are operating properly to maintain occupant satisfaction.
· Ensure that all day to day building routines are carried out i.e. Garbage collection, recycling program, snow removal and janitorial. Report all elevator problems promptly to the elevator contractor.
· Ensure all public areas including the exterior are clean, neat and safe at all times. Inspect public washrooms daily for tidiness
· Perform general spot cleaning as required including windows, walls, carpets etc.
· Perform as much maintenance and repair work as possible with a view towards preventative maintenance and performing more tasks as skills and knowledge of building systems improve.
· Supervise all tradesmen and other service providers to ensure work is completed properly and cost effectively.
· Maintain all records and manuals on all building systems that result in repairs alterations or replacement.
· Follow the instructions related to the issuing of purchase orders as required in the employee hand book.
· Perform exterior grounds keeping such as cutting and trimming the lawns and shrubs to maintain the property’s appearance. This will include litter pick up, sweeping and snow removal from entrances, walks and stairs.
· Assist in management of leasehold improvements, and rent collection
· As a priority attend to tenant questions, concerns and complaints and work to resolve them in a professional manner with a positive focus on carrying out the request as timely as possible.
· Reply to all messages (phone, email) within a reasonable time. Be on-call for emergencies 24 hours/day, 7 days per week.
· Where necessary, collect and replace sharp containers and maintain proper records as required by the Ministry of the Environment.
· Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person