At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Cameco is one of the largest global providers of the uranium fuel needed to energize a clean-air world. Utilities around the world rely on our nuclear fuel products to generate safe, reliable, emissions-free nuclear power. Cameco’s corporate office is based in Saskatoon. We have mining operations and projects in northern Saskatchewan, Kazakhstan, the United States and Australia. We are also a leading supplier of uranium refining, conversion, and fuel manufacturing services from our operations in Ontario.
This is a 12-month temporary term position
The project cost control team works directly with the technical services department to ensure the financial success of our various projects. We are looking for a professional, detailed oriented and analytical individual to join this dynamic team.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively in project management teams to analyze and report the financial health of projects
- Assess the impacts of project changes and update project plans
- Analyze project financial information, trends, and metrics to facilitate development of updated forecast estimate to complete
- Support project procurement activities and provide monthly project accruals
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, science, engineering, IT or mathematics
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience in project controls
- Experience in project cost control functions from owner’s perspective
- Certification with the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering and experience with project cost estimating
- Professional Accountant
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other relevant certification (CMA, SCMP)
- SAP experience
- Prism G2 experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Background check required
Cameco is proud to offer a competitive total reward package which includes:
- Competitive compensation program with base and variable pay
- Flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan with a health spending and personal spending account
- Fixed benefits including employee and dependant life, AD&D, disability benefits and paid vacation leave
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP and RPP matching program
Cameco is an employment equity employer and aims to achieve gender parity, and as such, preference will be given to qualified members of equity groups. We are strengthened by the diverse backgrounds of experiences and encourage applicants with various levels of expertise to apply, as equivalent combination of education and work experience are considered.
You will have the opportunity to work remote in this position. However, there may be the need for intermittent meetings in the Saskatoon office/travel to site. The details of this flex work arrangement will be discussed with you in the recruitment process.
Req ID #: 39124
Posted: September 28, 2023
Posting end date: October 12, 2023
Salary Range: $75,890 - $94,860
- Disclaimer: This information is presented as the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the total rewards provided for this position. The compensation offered to the successful candidate will be based on the individual’s education, skills and experience, as well as internal equity considerations.
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will work at Safety Sensitive Sites or Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.