At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Cameco is one of the largest global providers of the uranium fuel needed to energize a clean-air world. Utilities around the world rely on our nuclear fuel products to generate safe, reliable, emissions-free nuclear power. Cameco’s corporate office is based in Saskatoon. We have mining operations and projects in northern Saskatchewan, Kazakhstan, the United States and Australia. We are also a leading supplier of uranium refining, conversion, and fuel manufacturing services from our operations in Ontario.
Cameco has an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join a highly skilled group in the support of the corporation’s project accounting. As a member of this dynamic team you will undertake various aspects of project reporting and fixed asset accounting processes. You will be given the opportunity to travel to our northern operations and work closely with the site project management teams.
This is a 12-month temporary term position
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and contribute to the strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting of projects
- Compile, analyze and report financial information for internal and external stakeholders
- Support the preparation of project business cases for investment decision
Ensure compliance with proper accounting standards
- Bachelor’s degree in, accounting or finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Conditions of Employment:
- Background check required
Cameco is proud to offer a competitive total reward package which includes:
- Competitive compensation program with base and variable pay
- Flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan with a health spending and personal spending account
- Fixed benefits including employee and dependant life, AD&D, disability benefits and paid vacation leave
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP and RPP matching program
Cameco is an employment equity employer and aims to achieve gender parity, and as such, preference will be given to qualified members of equity groups. We are strengthened by the diverse backgrounds of experiences and encourage applicants with various levels of expertise to apply, as equivalent combination of education and work experience are considered.
You will have the opportunity to work remote in this position. However, there may be the need for intermittent meetings in the Saskatoon office/travel to site. The details of this flex work arrangement will be discussed with you in the recruitment process.
Req ID #: 39123
Posted: September 28, 2023
Posting end date: October 12, 2023
Salary Range: $82,860 - $103,580
- Disclaimer: This information is presented as the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the total rewards provided for this position. The compensation offered to the successful candidate will be based on the individual’s education, skills and experience, as well as internal equity considerations.
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will work at Safety Sensitive Sites or Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.