Are you an experienced Forklift Operator looking to join a company with a reputation for safety and diverse team culture? The PEI Bag Company has an opportunity for an experienced forklift driver to load and unload warehouse material. This position is key to operational efficiency and ensuring an adequate supply of raw materials to the printing machines.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
We hire great people from various backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it’s the key ingredient that strengthens our company. The people who stay with us have these key traits: integrity, great work ethic, and they value the sense of community we’ve built at the PEI Bag Company since 1935.
In a recent employee survey, 95% of our employees indicated they enjoyed their work!
What You’ll Do:
- Operate forklift and work closely with production areas to ensure adequate supply of raw material;
- Categorize warehouse materials and conduct inventory checks and cycle counts;
- Monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure the forklift is working properly;
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed;
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized warehouse;
- Follow all health and safety regulations and IFS PAC secure operating procedures. This includes use of personal protective equipment as required;
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials;
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and operated according to the manufacturers guidelines and PEI Bag Company policies;
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical environment requires the employee to move in a fast-paced indoor manufacturing environment. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment for safety precaution. Must be able to pay attention to detail. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Stand for extended periods of time and bend, crouch, or kneel as may be required to repair equipment.
What We Offer
- Pay starts at $17.00/hr. After a successful probation period the wage will increase to $17.49 and progress to a fully validated and trained rate of $18.02/hr. Progression beyond the fully trained rate is based on performance in the role.
- Safe indoor workplace, clothing allowance, and great work hours
- More stable job through an economic downturn
- Benefits package with medical, dental, defined contribution pension plan, and employee assistance programs (eligibility requirements apply)
- Job-specific training is provided
- More opportunity for growth as new skills are learned
Monday through Friday:
- 6:00am- 2:00pm (Occasional shift of 2:00pm-10:00pm may be required).
Overtime may be offered, or required, to meet operational demands.
What We’re Looking For
- Forklift license (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good communication and listening skills
- Self-motivated with the willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Where You Can Find Us
PEI Bag Company manufacturing plant is located in Central Bedeque (PEI). We are 15-minutes from Borden, Kensington, Summerside and 30-minutes from Cornwall and Tyne Valley.
For more information about PEI Bag Company visit us at www.peibag.com
How to Apply and Next Steps
Please apply online only.
You will receive an email notification that your CV/resume has been received.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person