Assist the superintendent in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the golf course, assisting with fertilizer and pesticide programs, ensuring proper operation of the irrigation system as well as participating in all ongoing reconstruction projects.
- Assists in planning and supervision of the maintenance of greens, tees, and fairways and assists with supervision of the maintenance employees.
- Assists and or Performs pesticide/ fertilizer applications as required.
- Participate in the maintenance of the pump station and course irrigation system.
- Assists with inventory, maintenance procedures, pesticide / fertilizer applications.
- Able to complete maintenance and or repairs on downtime or rain days.
- Ensure that all mowing heads are in proper working order and well as complete all grinding and set up of the heads for use.
· Post-secondary education in a related field (turf management, agronomy).
· A strong understanding of agronomic practices and regulations.
· Understanding how to properly use various fertilizers and pesticide products.
· A current provincial pesticide applicators licence.
· Ability to spin grind reels and reface bed knives.
· Knowledge of rainbird decoder system.
· Minimum of 3 years experience working on a maintenance crew in a supervisory role.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 8 months
Salary: $30,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Golf Course Maintenance in a supervisory position: 3 years (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Amherst, NS B4H 3Y3 (preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Amherst, NS B4H 3Y3: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-03-04