Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $38.06 - $38.06 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Willwright at Surrey Memorial Hospital located in Surrey, British Columbia!
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you ready to work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients? We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an outstanding place to work!
Detailed Overview: Performs skilled millwright work at the journeyman level in assembling, installing, aligning, altering, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, inpsecting, dismantling and moving indutsrial machinery and mechanical equipment in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. Fabricates and installs machine parts and components. Responsibilities:
- Reviews work requests and consults with user departments regarding specifications and other project requirements; interprets blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the required materials and equipment; calculates materials and labour in estimating the costs of the projects and makes recommendations, as required.
- Prepares for work projects by performing operational and safety risk assessments, arranges work schedules with user departments and assembles supplies, tools and equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs machinery and equipment such as fans pumps, turbines, compressors, electric motors, gear reducers, belt drives, conveyors, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic tube systems, and aligns parts or components.
- Machines various materials and/or parts to required tolerance using a variety of tools and equipment, including but not limited to, lather or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Calculates strengths and safe working loads of materials to remove and install heavy machinery; positions pieces of unassembled equipment when it arrives; assembles and installs equipment and constructs foundation for machines; aligns machines and equipment using various tools.
- Carries out the mechanical preventative maintenance program by inspecting machinery and components for repair and maintenance needs; performs diagnostic correction and repair utilizing recognized methods; maintains fan bearings, adjusts seals and valves and replaces worn or failed components such as belts, gaskets and sheaves; cleans and lubricates as required.
- Assigns work tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies, equipment and tools; completes related reports and records; recommends purchase of related equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) recognized by the Province of BC. Two (2) years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment