We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we are still growing! We are expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Join this exciting new initiative as a DevOps Engineer with a large US based client.
As a devOps expert, within a system engineering team, you will carry out the following job activities.
- Administer and manage Kubernetes or Openshift clusters.
- Create scripts for cluster upgrades and configurations.
- Create custom Docker images as well with Image lifecycle management.
- Learn and understand the various application architectures and develop supportable automation processes.
- Work closely with Prod and Non-Prod environment owners to develop and maintain a role-based workflow that supports segregated duties.
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation for all automated processes.
- Coordinate and lead training and information sharing meetings with the rest of the system engineering team.
- Oversee and support Production deployments during major release activities for components owned by the system engineering team.
- Participate in Project meetings to gather build/deploy requirements.
- Optionally, some on call or weekend support responsibilities.
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with Openshift or Kubernetes - preferably Openshift
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience using Azure Cloud - Terraform
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Experience with system administration of Linux or Unix systems
- Clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
Required Non-Technical Skills:
- Strong leadership and communication skills including ability to influence others without authority in order to support a large, demanding environment
- Strong analytical and technical ability including strength in general issue troubleshooting
- Planning & coordination capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn specific processes, topology, tools often with limited documentation
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in an Information Technology field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps role working with automation tools, source control systems, and supporting a Continuous Integration methodology
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role