Pace Pharmacy is actively looking for a Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician or Assistant with experience to join our team!
Are you ready to make a change?
Pace Pharmacy's Downtown location at 14 Isabella Street is looking for experienced, dedicated, highly organized, friendly and motivated individuals to join our team.
The successful candidate should have experience in sterile or aseptic compounding, processing, or filling. In addition to performing compounding duties, you will also be required to perform administrative duties.
Compounding Pharmacy Technician or Assistant Job Duties include:
- Compounding of pharmaceutical products to meet the pharmacy’s needs - understanding and following all company SOPs and NAPRA guidelines
- Calculating, measuring, mixing, and packaging of compounded sterile preparations
- Label, package and organize compounded products
- Follow all SOPs, double-check calculations, record compounding procedures, lot and expiry of ingredients
- Monitor and record inventory and other required items for compounding
- Maintaining sufficient supplies and inventory to meet the company's needs
- Maintain and improve upon our quality control and assurance program
- Responsible for inspection, maintenance, cleaning, and disinfection of laboratory equipment, instruments, utensils, and facilities
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other pharmacy team members
- Lifting/moving heavy totes, boxes, etc.
Compounding Technician/Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Attention to detail, Ability to Work Independently, Multitasking, Time Management, Inventory Management, Creating a Safe and Effective Environment, Efficiency, Quality Focus, Analytical Skills, Independent Problem Solving, Ability To Follow SOPs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, and use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle or feel tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, smell, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25kg. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Recommended Software Experience:
- Kroll dispensary software
- Microsoft Office
- Computers, in general
Please search for Pace Pharmacy online to find out exactly where we are located before applying - this position is located at 14 Isabella Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 1N1.
We look forward to receiving your up-to-date cover letter and resume, and we thank you in advance for your interest in Pace Pharmacy.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4Y 1N1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Did you read the job description?
- laboratory: 1 year (preferred)
- cleanroom: 1 year (preferred)
- sterile or aseptic compounding: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person