Tlicho Logistics (TCL) is 100% Indigenous Owned by Tlichǫ Investment Corporation. We provide Site Services Expertise, Project Management, Maintenance Service and Personnel for remote camp sites in the Northwest Territories. We are currently accepting applications for the following position located at our client Rio Tinto's Diavik Diamond Mine Site:
The Millwright will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing jaw crushers, cone crushers, screen decks, conveyors, ball mills, as well as cement and slurry pumps and their related piping. Will also perform planned and breakdown installation and maintenance to mechanical equipment in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost-effective manner to ensure that equipment availability is maximized and operations are not negatively affected.
- Journey-person certification; Interprovincial Certification preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience working as a Millwright in underground and/or surface mining environments
- Experience in a heavy industrial setting, preferably in mining or mineral processing preferred.
- Experience with pumps, piping systems, compressors, conveyors, crushers, ball mills, and similar equipment.
- Comfort with working a 2 week in/2 week out rotation; 12 hours days both day/night shifts.
- Must be able to pass security and medical clearances.
If you have a Red Seal Millwright Ticket and you are interested in possibly working with a motivated and talented team, please apply.
This position requires an individual with a proven ability to work in a cross cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity. All candidates must be open and flexible to perform other duties as required.
This full-time position is site based with a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, day shift and night shift, rotational schedule. Successful security and medical clearances are required (confirmed criminal record history, medical and drug & alcohol tests).
TCL offers a competitive remuneration package, and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time positions.
For remote camp based purposes, our client requires proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved for use in Canada.