For over 22 years, ACL Design Build Solutions Limited, has been specializing in building lifestyle apartments for seniors, all-inclusive living, assisted living, memory care, and long-term care residences. We are a leader in creating communities for active older adults. We are seeking a Senior Safety Advisor to join our team based in Halifax, NS.
This position is responsible for being the boots-on-the-ground safety presence on one or more building construction projects in the Halifax, NS area. Leading by example through education and training to promote a safety-mindset, you will have oversight of safety compliance for our site operations teams to ensure the safety of our projects.
Reporting to the Construction General Manager, you will:
- Complete weekly site inspections and oversee corrective actions in collaboration with the Site Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Lead the development of hazard assessments with the Site Superintendent and trade partners as required.
- Conduct safety orientations for new trades and employees and be first point of contact for safety-related questions.
- Respond to and lead investigations for high-risk near miss and/or incidents that have resulted in loss, including interviews, incident reports, and consultation with Department of Labour, if needed.
- Monitor company assets for annual and required maintenance and inspections.
- Assist trade partners with creating or facilitating tool box talks as required.
- Lead or assist in JOHSC meetings across all sites.
- Ensure all safety documentation of our trade partners and employees meets our OH&S Safety Program requirements.
- Manage safety data tracking and reporting utilizing SALUS software and participate in implementing or improving the software capabilities for new divisions.
- Conduct periodic visits to project sites in New Brunswick and Ontario to conduct inspections and provide guidance and support to the site operations teams and 3rd party safety advisors.
Your experience & abilities
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years hands on experience working on building construction sites coupled with formal education in the area of safety.
- Experience working on multiple projects and working along side site-based teams.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and openly with subcontractors, team members and supervisors in a timely, positive, and clear manner.
- Strong knowledgeable in the Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and working knowledge of legislation in New Brunswick and Ontario.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and field-based safety software. Both mobile and desktop.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel to New Brunswick & Ontario on an intermittent basis.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment. Our success depends on the transparency and trust that we build with team members and the respect we show one another. We have a highly skilled workforce that understands and takes pride in what we are building for those who will occupy the space. Our team members do meaningful work every day as we design and build outstanding residences for seniors. At Design Build Solutions, big ideas are encouraged and celebrated, and innovation is a constant in our environment and is a vital part of our culture.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Presently located in Nova Scotia
Work Location: In person