Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Benefits of working at MCW:
- The opportunity to work on significant, innovative, and sustainable projects
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and training
- Collaboration with team members across Canada
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Professional development fees covered
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Moncton office. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable and relevant hands-on work experience in accounting.
Accounts Payable Clerk
To provide accounting support while maintaining accuracy and efficiency within the department. Assist with administrative and professional support to clients, partners, project managers, and other internal staff.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Open project numbers and enter into Unanet; ensure all necessary back-up information is uploaded.
- Upon instruction from Project Manager, adjust fees on active projects as necessary.
- Close projects when instructed to do so; ensure project is ready to close.
- Prepare monthly billing reports for Project Managers and invoice as instructed.
- Process and administer all office expenses (employee expenses, vendor invoices, corporate credit cards).
- Process and administer all related employee expenses including balancing, auditing and ensuring expenses are submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage sub-contractor invoices, ensure that their worker’s compensation is up to date.
- Maintain and manage reimbursables and process payments.
- Respond to investigating questions
- Respond to client inquiries and provide updates, maintain good customer relations and solve problems.
- Maintain General Ledger binder.
- Maintain corporate cell phone data base.
- Provide reception relief duties, including managing incoming calls, greeting visitors and courier arrangements.
- Provide administrative support to all departments and office operations.
- Perform back-up function for other administrative staff including the Executive Administrator during vacation or other absences to ensure that administrative support is provided on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Other general administrative duties including data entry, filing, copying and general admin duties as assigned
- Overtime as required
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role would be preferred but is not a requirement of the position
- Previous hands-on experience with Unanet would be an asset
- Computer literate, including effective working skills with MS Word, Excel and e-mail (Intermediate proficiency with Excel)
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- High level of confidentiality and personal integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team, as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
Job Specific Competencies
In order to be successful in this position, the incumbent will be expected to possess the following competencies:
Attention to Detail:
Work in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
Listen to others and communicate articulately, fostering open communication.
Planning and Organizing:
Develop, implement, evaluate and adjust plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
Identify problems and solutions to them.
Organize time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
Demonstrate realistic trust in own abilities.
Work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.