Our Vision Statement sums it up best, "Relentless in our drive to move people".
Join the growing Toronto A-Team!
Attridge is seeking applicants for the position of part time Driver Trainer for our Peel or Toronto office. The Driver Trainer is responsible for providing quality training in the safe operation of a School Bus according to MTO guidelines and Attridge safety standards for newly hired and existing drivers. Reporting to the local Safety Manager this role includes training drivers in class, on the road and assisting with any other methods of training including online.
Opportunities may be available for successful candidates to further certify in First Aid Instruction, School Bus Driver Improvement Instruction and/or Z endorsement instruction.
Recommended and Required Skills
- Have a valid B license
- Have or be capable of obtaining a Z endorsement
- Produce an MTO abstract with 0 demerit points AND 0 collisions
- Have 0 preventable incidents as a bus driver
- Have an absolutely clear Vulnerable Sector Screen at the time of application
- Have at least three (3) years of documented driving experience with a 71-passenger school bus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully communicate
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team across locations
- Valid SA# (Signing Authority) is an asset
- Have demonstrated ability to teach classroom skills and on road techniques is an asset
This is a part-time position, Monday through Friday between the morning and afternoon School runs. Limited Saturday and evening work may be required. Must be able to work through summer and through school breaks, not including statutory holidays.
Attridge Transportation is a Canadian company devoted to "Safety in Motion". A transportation company providing pupil transportation and charter services to School Boards, Independent Schools, Colleges, Universities plus other educational institutions and organizations requiring pupil and person transportation.
You can read more about us here: www.attridge.com
Attridge Transportation is an inclusive and accessible employer. We welcome a diverse range of candidates to apply for this position, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
What other companies call this job:
School Bus Trainer, Bus Trainer, Driver Trainer, Signing Authority, PRIDE Trainer, SA
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $22.50-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person