The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project with oversight from proposal phase to construction administration.
Job Description: Shield Consulting Engineers LTD are looking for a motivated individual capable of running & managing structural engineering jobs. The candidate must have the following key personal attributes:
1) Honest, confident, assertive, and of a fair mindset.
2) Always willing to work collaboratively and constructively with others.
3) Strong communication skills.
4) Strong organizational skills.
5) Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
The individual would be responsible for the following job tasks:
1) Working with Shield’s clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure projects are meeting the client’s expectations and requirements.
2) Create & manage engineering project proposal and budgets.
3) Work with Shield team to ensure all projects are delivered with the highest level of quality, on schedule, and on budget.
4) Perform various types of structural assessments and inspections on existing client infrastructure and prepare reports providing detailed observations and findings.
5) Perform peer reviews on designs and reports.
6) Create and oversee the development of designs for a variety of structural applications across various market segments served by Shield such as but not limited to:
- a. Mining Sector (Surface and Underground)
- b. Pulp & Paper
- c. Mobile Equipment
- d. Hydro Electric Generation
- e. Steelmaking
- f. Residential
- g. Commercial
- h. Others as required
7) Meet with clients (at their sites and online) as required to fulfill project requirements.
8) Promote and develop new business opportunities for Shield. This may include the need to travel to various client sites within the province, nationally, and internationally.
The candidate must be a professional engineer licensed in the province of Ontario and able to seal and approved designs created by the Shield team. The candidate must have a good working knowledge of reading both structural and/or mechanical drawings as well as the amount of effort required to create them. The candidate would also have a good working knowledge of the following software platforms:
3) Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
4) Any additional design software is a bonus
5) Structural analysis software (i.e. STAAD).
The responsibility and ability to perform this job will likely require the successful individual to a work schedule beyond Shield’s standard 40-hour work week from time to time for which the individual would be compensated at overtime rates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- structural engineering: 2 years (preferred)
- Professional Engineering License (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Greater Sudbury, ON P3B 3E1 (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Greater Sudbury, ON P3B 3E1: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person