Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Burlington
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Corporate Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Coordinator develops, administers, implements companywide occupational safety programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more branches. The Health and Safety Coordinator plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental occupational safety programs and make appropriate recommendations to improve the safety management system. Actively follows up on the corrective and preventive actions. The coordinator will support the operations team and coaches employees on safety practices.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Assist in conducting risk analysis, hazard analysis, and physical demand analysis.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all Bailey Metal Products Ltd. Employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Assist in planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating safety programs.
- Conduct safety talks, safety observations, physical demands analysis, Job hazard analysis and mentor employees on safety practices.
- Conduct safety training, inspections, investigations, and audits, and develop appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Assist in developing policies, process, programs, standards, safe work practices and updating manuals, and training materials
- Research, plan, organize, and conduct training programs/seminars for Bailey Metal Products Ltd. Managers, Supervisors, employees, and contractors as required.
- Research occupational safety information on a regular basis and the best practices are implemented to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Track all corrective and preventive actions and ensure that they are completed promptly.
- Assist in meeting the requirements of COR / ISO 45001 / WSIB excellence program.
- Perform additional assignments.
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Accountability and Dependability
- Energy and Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
- Bachelor's degree and certificate/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Safety designations such as CRSP or CHSC is considered as an asset.
- Three to five years' experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial establishment, preferably in manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA and workers' compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills – Bilingual (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Frequent travel between the branches is required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.