For over 45 years, Matrox has been synonymous with technology and innovation. A market leader in designing software and hardware solutions for Pro AV/IT, video, and imaging/machine vision applications, Matrox combines engineering excellence with deep industry expertise to deliver unique solutions that help our customers achieve their goals. Matrox has earned its reputation as an industry leader by consistently meeting customer requirements for innovative technology and the highest manufacturing standards.
Co-founded by Lorne Trottierin 1976, Matrox has pioneered a number of innovative hardware and software solutions for an array of high-tech industries. Today, we continue to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, working closely with our global stakeholders to solve specific real-world issues.
Matrox is a privately held company based in Montreal, Canada, with offices worldwide.
As an Applications specialist, you will guide OEMs with their product development and help them from both a software development and system integration perspective. As such, you will analyse customer requirements, thoroughly communicate technical details and development concepts and propose solutions for their technical problems and difficulties.
You will also develop and maintain software applications using C, C++ to demonstrate the capabilities of the Matrox development platform. You will communicate with internal software and hardware engineering team on a daily basis to resolve customers’ issues and help to improve product quality and features.
In addition, you will lead client training workshops, give technical presentations, and establish a close working relationship with key OEMs. You will occasionally travel to trade shows or visit your OEMs to acquire firsthand understanding of customer needs. You will also work with the product management team and OEM sales managers on a daily basis and be the liaison between your OEM developers and internal developers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years programming experience in C, C++ for Windows and/or Linux;
- Strong networking, IT and cloud computing knowledge would be a notable asset;
- Knowledge about video, audio and GPU processing is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with an outgoing personality;
- Self-motivated, proactive and creative problem solver;
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing tasks under pressure;
- Ability to assess, articulate and explain complex issues concisely and precisely;
- Availability for occasional travel to the United States and Overseas.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. To be consideresd, candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada. We do not offer relocation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site childcare
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dorval, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dorval, QC