Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a IT Network and Systems Administrator for the Clinical Trial Material Facility (CTMF) at the Human Health Therapeutics (HHT) Research Center. The candidate would be someone who shares our core values of integrity, excellence, respect and creativity.
The NRC is building a new permanent, GMP-compliant clinical trial material facility at its Royalmount Avenue site in Montréal. When complete, this facility will be used to manufacture vaccine and other biologic materials for clinical trials to support the development of new therapeutics for human health.
The Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration and reliable operation of operating systems, servers, networks and virtualization. The candidate also provides second level IT support (hardware and software) to all users of the center.
Once the systems will be set-up, he or she will be responsible for :
- Manage network components: ensure availability, performance and security of the infrastructure and services.
- Prepare, configure and install routers, switches, firewalls, wireless equipment and any other network component.
- Works in collaboration with external suppliers such as Microsoft, Cisco, Bell and HP to ensure the various components are kept up to date and problems are resolved when necessary.
- Write, manage and maintain documentation for IT systems and processes, in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards and requirements.
- Respond to internal customer requests.
- Perform and document network infrastructure maintenance activities and ensure perimeter security.