We are looking for an IT Support Analyst, who is outgoing and dedicated to supporting a robust IT Environment. This position is for you, if you are driven to ensure we achieve success for our business by upkeeping and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networks.
The IT Support Analyst will be a customer facing role, providing helpdesk support as well as assisting the Information Systems Administrator in infrastructure projects and supporting the IT Environment including; installed Software, interconnectivity of network devices across 7 remote sites, onsite server infrastructure, storage solutions, workstations, and peripheral equipment.
What you will do:
- Record and respond to user requests and system alerts using call logging software;
- Maintain documentation regarding the IT environment;
- Adhere to, and enforce change management procedures and compliance processes;
- Provide technical support to end-users;
- Setup and deploy workstations for end users;
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of system and service problems;
- Coordinate vendor / third party technical support as required;
- Install, configure, and harden Operating Systems;
- Maintain antivirus protection and removals, if necessary;
- Apply patches and firmware updates in accordance with policy and best practice;
- Manage Active Directory - user maintenance, group policies, exchange, and file shares;
- Install, configure, and harden Operating Systems;
- Ensure system backups are complete and perform data restoration, as required;
- Monitor the IT infrastructure to ensure availability and efficiency of systems and services;
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Specifics of the IT Environment:
The candidate will support the following technologies, preference will be given to those with expertise in these areas:
- Windows and Linux Servers
- O365 and Azure
- MS Office Suite
- Wifi implementations
- Exchange Online
- Barracuda Backup
- Mikrotik Networking
- Intune / Endpoint
- Experience or training in Computing Science or Computer Engineering or a related Information Technology discipline with 2+ years of experience;
- A solid understanding of IS technical infrastructure requirements for large enterprise deployments;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows servers and accompanying services - Active Directory, File Shares Exchange, Office, MS SQL;
- Experience with backup, archiving, web filtering, and spam filtering solutions;
- Experience with O365/M365 administration and support;
- Experience in managing Teams, Exchange, Endpoint, SharePoint;
- Experience working with APs, switches, routers, and firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Packet Analysis, and VPNs;
- Knowledge of PAM solutions;
- Experience with server and workstation hardware installation and maintenance;
- Working knowledge of VMware or other virtualization technologies;
- Commitment to quality;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to excel in a self-directed environment;
- Ability to interpret business drivers and translate into technical solutions.
NOTE: Due to our location, your own vehicle is an asset
- Interacts with employees, various management levels, and the public at large;
- Require physical activity related to Server / Network / Cabling / and PC setup;
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment;
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations;
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs;
- Willing and able to work limited non-traditional schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Must be available for emergency on-call support and weekend projects;
- Frquently on-site/in office work; some flexible work remote is possible.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company;
- 37.5 hour work week, Monday to Friday;
- Competitive Salary;
- Employer paid Group benefits (Health, Dental, & Vision) and insurance benefits;
- Pension plan and employee share purchase plan.
If interested in this position, please apply through the Indeed website with cover letter and resume. We thank all those that apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Comco Pipe & Supply Company (Comco), a division of Russel Metals Inc., has grown to be one of the largest industrial carbon steel pipe, fittings, and flange companies in North America. We specialize in the supply and distribution of pipe and fluid handling products to the energy, construction, manufacturing, pulp &paper, and mining industries.
Russel Metals Inc. is working to ensure that all employees are treated fairly. We believe in the principle of employment equity in the workplace, to ensure all employees are equitably represented at all levels of the organization. We also believe that our employment equity program ensures that our practices of hiring and promoting are based on qualifications and ability.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity, which includes maintaining a fair, equitable, and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Do you have training in Computing Science or Computer Engineering or a related information technology?
- Would you be dedicated to helping internal customers, our staff, with hardware and software issues, over the phone, through email, and TEAM messages?
- Can you commute to 5910 17th Street NW Edmonton, AB?
- Are you willing to frequently be on-site to work in office?
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-06-09