Engineer - Junior
The Engineer - Junior position will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Engineering Department in achieving its goals and targets while learning to apply engineering principles to the manufacturing environment. In addition, provide support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, welding/brazing, assembly, and material handling.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Work with production planning to set shop priorities and ensure all tools and documentation required in the plant for production run jobs are available.
- Investigate and monitor new machinery and equipment recommending or select efficient combinations.
- Conduct time studies to optimize cycle counts of existing processes.
- Assist in defining the plant layout and enhance ergonomic requirements.
- Support in planning and executing of projects related to new and pre-existing production lines, improvements, upgrades, layouts, and new equipment related to machining or assembly.
- Attend Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Recognize and resolve tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects working with manufacturing support staff.
- Support the interface with suppliers of raw materials and tools to establish engineering requirements for start of production.
- Investigate and find resolution of specific processing problems for assigned projects/parts.
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and productions or administrative systems.
- Develop and review all processes and operator instructions.
- Participate in corrective action to meet ongoing cost, quality, and delivery.
- Support the development of process flows, process sheets, FMEA’s, and control plans.
- Ensure the process is capable of producing parts in print specifications.
- Assist in the recognition and resolution of process related difficulties with current and future projects.
- Assist in the preparations of quotations.
- Participate in Customer Focus Meetings.
- Assist in training shop floor personnel in machine set-up, equipment operations, and best practices.
- Adhere to TS16949 and applicable customer standards.
- Build experience with risk analysis and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Review scale drawings ensuring clients expectations are met and comply with manufacturing capabilities.
- Collect data and develop statistics to describe equipment and system functionality.
- Estimate durations of development, fabrication, construction, and repair tasks.
- Support materials and equipment to use for projects and select the appropriate codes and standards.
- Coordinate contact with suppliers to verify product availability, obtain equipment specifications and negotiate timely deliveries.
- Assist in the coordination and integration of work within teams of engineers and technicians to work on common projects.
- Interact with technicians or technologists for tasks such as creating scale drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals and developing plant maintenance schedules.
- Working knowledge using statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing, and machining i.e. Microsoft Office, including Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- Post-Secondary education in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Application towards a Professional designation in a Technical discipline or Engineering considered an asset.
- Minimum one year of experience in a machining or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to contribute in writing comprehensive entries.
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Ability to evaluate the capability of current building systems.
- Demonstrate communication skills, both oral and written to effectively communicate daily production with plant operators and maintenance staff.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.