NorthStar Enterprises is a Small Locally Owned Business in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut.
Our Location is a 3 Bay Garage with Two 4 Post Hoists. We are Currently in Search of a Journeyman Automotive Technician and a Off Road Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician to Join Our Team for Rotational or Live in.
We offer Flight Accommodations, Housing Accommodations, Food Accommodations, Company Provided Vehicle and Cover Fuel Costs.
Ideal Candidate Will be Able to do the Following,
Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. Working With other Departments, Mentoring and Guiding Mechanics Helpers and Apprentices )
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Be Proficient in State of the Art Scan Tool Equipment and Willing to learn Additional Vehicle Manufactures Operating Software's / Protocol.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$50.00 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Housing allowance
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person