Richter is a Business | Family Office that provides strategic advice on business matters and on families’ financial and personal objectives across generations. With close to 100 years of experience advising at the intersection of family and business, Richter has developed an integrated approach to help business owners find sustainable success. Whether business, personal, or both, Richter is uniquely positioned to address the needs of Canada’s most successful entrepreneurs, private clients, business owners and business families and help them chart a clear path to shape their legacy for the future. Founded in 1926, Richter’s 600-person multidisciplinary team continuously innovates to create value for our people, clients, and community in Canada and in the US.
What we offer:
- The chance to become a strategic business partner with our clients, building relationships directly with entrepreneurs and businesses to provide them with meaningful advisory services.
- The opportunity to develop your career with the direct support of your managers and firm partners; and
- A culture that values work-life balance and mental health and well-being. Our firm has taken a fresh approach to these issues, offering a hybrid work environment with flexible hours and resources to support you in your personal journey.
- Investment in your continuing education and professional development through a variety of learning offerings and tuition reimbursement
The Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition, Human Capital will be responsible for leading the Executive Search initiatives in the Montreal office which includes identifying and developing new recruitment opportunities and most importantly candidate recruitment and search, as well as wide-ranging internal and external relationship management and business development. This person will have the opportunity to raise the company’s profile in keeping with its core values of exceptional client service, respect for candidates and search excellence.
Richter’s Human Capital team is seeking to hire an individual who wants to become an integral part of the Human Capital Team and enjoy long-term career growth. The environment is highly collaborative, fostering close cooperation between peers who openly share ideas and support each other’s success.
A day in the life of a Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition, Human Capital, Human Capital
- Market new positions to potential candidates by the most productive means, which may include phone calls, e-mails, and LinkedIn.
- Recruit candidates, by referrals and target recruiting, to fill current searches.
- Use in-house database system and on-line recruiting resources to identify potential candidates.
- Screen and interview candidates using the most effective methods, with careful examination of technical/job-specific experience, interpersonal skills, track record, motivation, and career goals.
- Assess candidates against client requirements in targeted searches to ensure a fit of hard and soft skills and identify any “red flags”.
- Discuss candidates’ profiles with stakeholders for all active searches.
- Interview candidates who have been referred to you or have contacted you and who may be a fit for future searches, as time permits.
- Build and enhance a network of people across the business community and internal referrals to establish pipeline for future searches
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients, candidates and the community at large to develop an effective pipeline for future searches and strong talent.
- Handle all candidates and referrals with respect and consideration, with an eye to long-term relationships as well as short-term requirements.
- Lead new client meetings to reinforce the company’s commitment to client service, and to thoroughly understand search requirements, including position responsibilities, organizational culture and structure and the required candidate profile.
- Prepare candidates for upcoming interviews by providing background information on the hiring manager and reinforcing the key aspects of the search criteria.
- Obtain prompt post-interview feedback from candidates.
- Performs detailed reference checks on final candidates and present findings to stakeholders.
- Follow up with the successful/placed candidate after the start date to ensure a smooth transition into the new role.
- Completed Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to establish trust, respect and strong relationships.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work and proven ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- An ‘entrepreneurial mindset’ - adaptable, flexible and can operate effectively within an evolving professional services environment with a holistic approach to meeting clients’ needs.
- Highly effective planning, people, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet objectives and deadlines.
- Collaborative approach.
- An enthusiasm and willingness to take on any and all tasks.
- Proficient using Microsoft suite of applications including Outlook, One Drive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English to support our clients across Canada.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive group benefits which include group insurance, Health Spending Account, savings plans, and Employer Contribution Matching
- Employee and Family access to virtual healthcare network
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs, including consultations with mental health professionals.
- Annual Health & Well-being Program
- Hybrid work Environment
- Competitive Performance Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Dues Reimbursement
- CFE leave financial support
- Academic Incentives
- Talent referral bonus
- Client referral bonus
- Access to an on-demand concierge nannying, babysitting, and tutoring service
- Annual employee rewards and recognition
We are excited to meet motivated professionals who are looking for career growth in a mid-sized family minded firm and have a strong background in building and fostering relationships.
Sounds like you? Apply today!