- Oversee daily operations in the finance department.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions with executive team.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and report to management.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Manage and monitor foreign currency trading.
- Oversee job costing, assist with profitability analysis, and provide recommendation on product selling cost.
- Prepare compliance reports as per financial institutions guidelines by assigned deadlines.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Prepare documentation for annual SRED claim.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies (WCB, GST, PST, CRA etc)
- Conduct regular meetings with team to discuss issues, concerns, updates etc.
- Ensure that all warranty claims are processed efficiently, and accurately.
- Direct internal audits of financial functions and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Other duties as directed by ownership/executive team.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification (CA, CGA or CMA)
- Minimum of 2 years of controllership experience.
- Manufacturing industry experience is considered an asset.
- Must have intermediate or greater Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) skills.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro or Enterprise (version ‘14 to ‘21) is considered an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities.
- Proven success in training, development of others, and leading and building strong stable teams.
- Strong professional and work ethics, self-motivated, accountable and results oriented.
- Requires daily walking and standing.
- Infrequent visits to areas where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mission, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person