About Concert Properties
Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert Properties story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another.
Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $9 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
The role of the Manager, Information Systems is to oversee the administration, support, and maintenance of key business application systems. The role oversees a team of application support specialists that work closely with all the business areas to effectively maintain and administer business application solutions and provide end user support. The role reports to the Senior Manager, Information Systems and participates in defining and executing on the IST strategic roadmap through administering improvements to the quality and responsiveness of IS operations. This role is responsible for ensuring Saas based application user and data security standards are maintained and system performance standards are adhered to by the Vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day leadership and management of information systems, ensuring that service requests and operational support tickets are managed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Ensure all application systems managed by Information systems have regular upgrade schedules coordinated with the business, are resourced under operation plans, and are rolled out in an efficient manner to meet acceptable risk levels
- Manage application vendor support agreements, ongoing licensing requirements and assist with renewals
- Assist with annual budgeting, licensing requirements and Vendor negotiations
- Ensure application administration and support requirements meet or exceed expected service levels and compliance with business regulatory, security, privacy and risk policies are supported.
- Regularly engage with the business to ensure business applications are running as intended and align with business requirements and operational needs
- Lead operational change initiatives for continuous improvement of the application systems as approved by IST leadership
- Manage Tier 2 escalations, align resources, and ensure business units are fully supported on application support queues
- Ensure admin documentation is captured and maintained for system configuration and development and change tracking are made readily available for approval and reference by the business
- Ensure adequate Admin support policy and procedure documentation and learning plans are made available for ongoing reference, onboarding new resources, cross training, and skill development
- Manage support team by allocating resources, planning requirements, skill development, recruiting, training, mentoring, and providing a level of structure and direction to allow staff to utilize and develop skills, take on new responsibilities and challenge their abilities
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the application modules within the ERP application (Yardi), keeping up to date with product enhancements
- Manage end-to-end delivery of IST services to customers
- Champion best practices around data standards, policies, procedures and documentation
- University or College degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, BComm, BCS (Bachelor of Computer Science). Alternatively advanced experience with financial and or ERP systems, such as Yardi, PeopleSoft or SAP.
- A minimum of 10 years leading information systems analysis, operational support, and change initiatives
- Strong interpersonal communication & leadership skills, able to work with a diverse group of business units, project teams and leaders. Able to quickly build business acumen and trust.
- Organized, excellent attention to detail and capable of managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- The ability to work well under pressure and seek out alternative solutions and options when presented with challenging situations
- Strong understanding of the ITIL or equivalent frameworks
- Experience and knowledge in the real estate and property management industry as an asset
- Experience or certification in business analysis, project management is an asset
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert Properties is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for the third year in a row!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert Properties, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert Properties.