Experienced Pest Control Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Position
Location/Routing Territory: North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, White
Rock, Langley, Maple Ridge, Coquitlam, Kelowna
Start Date: May 15th, 2023
9:00am-5:00pm PST (Monday - Friday)
Option to work overtime and weekends
The Big Picture: Grow With A Growing Company
Insight Pest Solutions is the fastest growing residential home service company in Canada. With this progress comes a demand for driven and self-motivated individuals to grow alongside our company as we expand across Canada and into new opportunities. As a Pest Control Technician, you are an integral part of building and maintaining client relationships. Whether it is through identifying pest issues and infestations or recommending solutions, your expertise and professionalism provide the client with comfort, trust, and confidence.
As a company, we’re constantly improving and expanding our services through ongoing research and development for more environmentally sensitive products, safer methodology, applications, and creative ways of doing business. Insight offers homeowners a pest prevention and home maintenance package that will remove and prevent mosquitoes, ants, wasps, ticks, spiders, and mice from entering homes through a seasonal maintenance program. To meet the needs of our clients, we are constantly seeking and challenging new ways that redefine service delivery and expectations.
*Special Note: Prior to the start date, you will be required to complete your licensing exam and adequate training to service in the field.
As an entry-level Pest Control Technician, the starting salary is $50,000 CAD. As you gain more experience, we provide a competitive salary range of $51,000 - $60,000 CAD.
Additionally, we offer a commission structure that enables our technicians to earn 35% for each sale made. The earning potential for our commission structure can range up to $2400 CAD/month.
Position Summary - Responsibilities:
- Provide interior and exterior inspections for residential customers
- Identify pests, entry points, and infestations
- Provide appropriate treatments for pests and rodents
- Produce service reports for all work performed and products used
- Customer Service; answer all customer inquiries in a professional manner and recommend appropriate solutions to resolve customer concerns
- Maintain excellent customer relationships
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds of equipment
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions, such as confined spaces (i.e crawl spaces), damp and/or dusty locations
- Must be able to physically perform essential duties, such as walking, crouching, balancing, and reaching
Minimum Qualifications - What will make you successful:
- Structural Exterminator Licence
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Reliable and able to communicate with Branch Managers and other coworkers
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- Someone who possesses strong interpersonal skills; able to build on existing and new customer relationships
- Someone who is a quick thinker and enjoys problem-solving
- G License and a clean driving record
- Clean Criminal Record
- Interest in Pest Control
The Perks - What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits: dental, vision, medical, life insurance, etc.
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Flexible work schedule
- No cockroaches, bed bugs, or ladder
- Consistent daily route schedules with short drive times between locations
- Full-time employment (40 hours/week) with the opportunity for overtime. Plus, no “on-call” work.
- Commission on new business and bonuses on work completed
- Opportunities for growth within the company - we love to promote within!
- Positive, engaging, and energetic company culture with team-centered initiatives and individualized support available
*Insight Pest Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Our team will directly work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-05-15