We are North America's leading security and facility services provider with approximately 300,000 service personnel. At Allied Universal(R), we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Regional Service Delivery Manager. Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way. We are looking for team members who can deliver on our promise of providing proactive security services that are trusted, reliable, forward-thinking, courageous, caring, nimble and responsive. This role is for anyone looking for a gateway role to a more senior career in security.
As Service Delivery Manager (Region), you will have oversight for screening operations within a certain geographic area. In addition, you will hold responsibility for the delivery of all operational KPIs, while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies.
In addition to checkpoint management, you will support operations in areas such as recruitment and selection, payroll, scheduling, uniforms, procurement, and inventory. You would be accountable for promoting a positive workplace culture that is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusivity.
Actively engage in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff as required
- Build and maintain a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a daily basis
- Manage Service Delivery Managers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force
- Conduct regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program
- Apply corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process
- Selection and placement of Service Delivery Management personnel; career development of service deliver team members
- Ensure proper time and attendance tracking
- Compile reports for the screening area under their management
- Assist Service Delivery Managers with dealing with potential complaints, security incidents, etc.
- Oversee/conduct workplace investigations with the guidance of Human Resources and senior management
- Participate in recruitment, as needed; conduct phone and in-person interviews and skills testing
Must possess one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Criminal Justice, or related field of study
- A minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary education combined with a year of supervisory/managerial experience in a customer service, or operational, or unionized environment
- Licensing requirements are subject to province and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Must be able to acquire a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Security Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years of work-related experience in a security management role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Proficient in office software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
Management experience in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUSecurity.ca. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.