· Monitor the smooth and timely flow of production ensuring a quality product is delivered to the customer.
· Maintain a high level of plant, machine, and personnel safety under GMP and SOP guidelines
· Manage, train, and develop a productive, efficient, and competent Molding Production Team to achieve scheduled requirements in a safe, team-based environment
· Establish and ensure the achievement of performance targets
· Report and communicate results, incidents, and issues in a concise and timely manner
· Lead operations in Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as 5S and Lean Manufacturing
· Follow and comply with Cube Management System (CMS)
· Coordinate and assist set-up team at mold changeovers and machine start-up
· Sign off and release machine/mould to continue production
· Complete shift reports, including pre-start checks, downtime reports, scrap, efficiency of cycle times, etc.
· Deliver production as required by the daily moulding schedule
· Ensure all shift moulding employees are trained and performing in a safe and efficient manner by promoting proactive identification and elimination of hazards
· Ensure workstations and other areas are properly staffed
· Ensure that all shift team members are treated in an equal and fair manner
· Maintain and keep track of employee attendance, reports, etc.
· Complete performance reviews and provide feedback to staff.
· Ensure appropriate procedures and standard work is documented and personnel are trained.
· Ensure cross-training and back-up support is adequate
· Achieve objectives for labor, quality, delivery and cost for the shift and complete reports on a timely basis
· Provide direction to all shift employees to decrease and eliminate waste
· Develop team strengths and work to resolve weaknesses
· Provide motivation for employees, increasing morale and team culture
· Work with Quality department and /or quality designated person to identify and eliminate quality problems
· Communicate with previous or oncoming Shift Supervisors on any open issues and coordinate and ensure smooth shift transition
· Control reporting / enter reports into ERP System
· Always demonstrate professional and ethical conduct
· Troubleshoot production variances using systematic problem-solving techniques
· Identify and strive to improve equipment performance issues
· Resolve any conflicts in the workplace and instill a team-based environment
· All other duties asrequired
Oversee Shift Maintenance Technician duties including:
· Pre-assigned Preventative Maintenance tasks
· Coordinate troubleshooting and emergency maintenance tasks as required
· Control and ensure that daily maintenance reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
Manage Continuous Improvement programs
· Execute Continuous Improvement programs to deliver the Department’s objectives as directed
· Participate in identifying and implementing process improvements as required
· Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership role
· Hands on understanding of molds, set-up procedures and troubleshooting of plastic injection molding machines an asset
· Ability to effectively coach, manage and support employees
· Experience in a lean manufacturing environment, including manufacturing tools, applications, and metrics, is an asset
· Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing to all levels of employees
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
· Valid counterbalance forklift and crane certificates preferred
· Experience with ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 an asset
· Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Interpersonal Skills - the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
· Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, group presentations and meetings.
· Written Communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning/organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
· Quality control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Other Job Requirements
· Must be able to speak, read and write English
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must have full range of motion
· Must be able to sit, stand/walk for long periods of time
· Must be able to bend, twist and lift up to 30lbs
· Able to work 12 hour rotating continental shifts
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Self Assessment, temperature screening, Antigen Testing
- managing fast paced production: 3 years (preferred)
- 12 hour rotating continental shift: 1 year (preferred)
- Setup and trouble shooting/injection molding machine: 2 years (preferred)
- Forklift/ Counterbalance license (preferred)
Work Location: In person