The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. The Gardens offer the most complete range of services, amenities, and Care that you can find – perhaps anywhere. Comprised of Princess Gardens, Empress Gardens, Canterbury Gardens, and Royal Gardens, what sets us apart from all others is our service and our commitment to ‘Care’ in everything we do.
If you are a leader, with a passion for providing excellent nursing care, we have an exciting career opportunity for you at Canterbury Gardens. With 24-hour onsite registered nursing, our “Enriched Care” assisted living program, and an unsurpassed reputation for excellent care services, Canterbury Gardens has plenty to offer those who want to grow and be the best.
As a member of our senior management team, the Assistant Director of Care will influence how services are delivered, apply their nursing skills to the fullest, and truly make a difference in the lives of our residents. Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), The Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) will help coordinate the delivery of all health-related services to residents.
The ADOC will also:
- Share leadership responsibilities of the Care Department with the DOC, organizing and supervising staff in the provision of care, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and providing excellent customer service to residents and their families
- Assist in resident assessments, Plan of Care development, and monitoring of care delivery of all health-related services to residents including care staff, in-house physicians, and third party service providers
- Share leadership of the Care Department, including ongoing coaching, training, scheduling, and performance monitoring
- Ensure that infection prevention practices are in place and that quality assurance activities are performed routinely
- Provide hands-on clinical care while supporting residents and the Care Department
- Promote positive relationships within the department and the Home, and with physicians and third party organizations
- In the absence of the Director of Care, the ADOC will act in the capacity of the DOC
- Current RN/RPN registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 2-3 years experience - preferably in a long-term care or retirement setting. Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Composure, demonstrated leadership skills, and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to respond to on-call and emergency needs outside of normal working hours
Come and Grow With Us
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- CNO Registration (required)
Work Location: In person