Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Headquarters in Kingsville, ON is currently an e-Business Content Specialist to join our Information Technology team! This role will provide daily support of product content data flow between the company and its valued customers. This position will act as Product Information Data Steward. You will be for the company’s product data systems and external customer data systems to ensure product data accuracy between companies. It will involve product data loading, review/extension of item attribute dimensions, creation of e-commerce content, and product item maintenance support. The role will be involved and support the company’s e-business strategies and develop quality metrics to monitor the company’s online presences.
This position will be responsible for proposing and implementing new policies and standard operating procedures that promote continuous improvement to ensure the completeness, consistency, integrity and quality of the data as it related to our e-commerce needs.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
- Act as the Product Information Data Steward and responsible for product loading and maintenance across the company’s item management system and external customer systems.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Quality, Master Data and Packaging to collect the required product information, item attributes, and digital assets required for GDSN and eCommerce Readiness data exchange.
- Collaborate and support development of the company’s e-business process, and central repository of product information for data exchange.
- Work closely with marketing on the creation of e-commerce content for the company’s product line.
- Manually publish product information to customer portals and item systems (ex. Stibo, Retail Link) until automation can be establish
- Manage and support the eCommerce Content Support box to meet customer’s e-commerce data requests that may include audit of item master information, coordination of products for imaging, review of bar code data, etc.
- Support development and maintenance of the company’s e-Commerce Style Guide
- Passionate about managing master data assets, lineage, quality, and access.
- Works closely with business stakeholders within each line of business to ensure accuracy completeness and consistency of data flowing to and from IM (Item Management).
- Effectively communicates to individuals at various levels of the technical and business communities.
- Demonstrate abilities to quickly earn the trust of key internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience working in Data Governance or Data Management experience within a global CPG (Consumer Packaged Good) company; Strong data management background who understands data, how to ingest data, proper data use/consumption, data quality, and stewardship
- 5+ years of experience working with data in the specific domain (ie: Customer, Material, Vendor, Finance, Consumer), associated processes, involved systems and data usage
- Ability to partner with both business and technical subject matter experts to ensure standardization of operational information and execution of enterprise-wide data governance policies and procedures are defined and implemented
- Knowledge of Industry Supply Chain Initiatives such as Data Synchronization (GS1, 1WorldSync), IM, PDM, and MDM
- Understanding of data formats and data upload methodologies; familiarity with e-business, data synchronization, EDI, XML, etc
- An understanding of New Product Introduction processes, Master Data, and Data Governance,
- A rigorous and process centric work ethic
- Skills in Project Management and Continuous Improvement
- Hands-on experience working with master data in an ERP, IM and GDSN systems.
- Hands-on experience with data profiling and metadata management, data structure classifications and product development workflow and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Competencies in time management, organization
- Fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a passion for data, data quality & business analytics.
- Strong Communication Skills/Able to Persuade/Influence Others at all Organization Levels and the ability to foster lasting partnerships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Embodies servant leadership that puts others first, themselves last.
- Top-notch work ethic and customer service orientation.
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- The Ideal Candidate will be a self-starter who is vital to maintaining good, trusted master data
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.