We are a small but dynamic team of agents where our goal is to deliver a world class customer experience to people looking for storage. The environment fosters sharing of ideas and best practices and everyone has each other’s back. Quality is the name of the game and getting off the phone quickly with customers is not the mandate. While we operate as a call centre, we are far from the stereotypical ones that are out there. There’s never been a better time to join a team where you can learn, grown and have fun at the same time all in the comfort of your own home.
The Company: Public Storage was founded in 1972 and was introduced to Canada in 1979 and we’ve never looked back. With 65 properties and counting, we are the leaders in self-storage and if anybody asks, “Yes, you can move in for $1”. We invented this promotion!
We operate on three company principles:
Mission: To work together and be the business of choice for our customers, employees and shareholders.
Vision: To be Canada’s leader in self-storage
Purpose: To build a first class, meaningful and long-term relationship with every customer.
The Position: We are looking for full-time bilingual or English only Customer Solution Agents to work from home that can really connect with consumers, WOW them and provide the right self-storage advice and solution. We promise:
- A fully remote, work-from-home position with full support and resources from corporate head office
- No cold calling and you are not on the clock. Inbound calls only.
- Competitive hourly rate with annual merit increases
- Full benefits program and incentive plans.
The Location: This position offers the Customer Solutions Agent the opportunity to conveniently work from home on a permanent basis, with the option of working at the office. The office is located in Vancouver at 2650 Rupert Street.
- English only or Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Ideally, up to 2 years of previous experience in an inbound call centre environment or 1 year or more of customer service experience in a non-call center environment with proven success of using sales techniques to drive revenue.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and create that “WOW” experience.
- Problem solver with ability to make quick decisions on the fly.
- Ability to exhibit active listening while attending to customer needs.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Handle all inbound calls, delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Communicate effectively to customer correspondence via live chat and email.
- Work with a call script as a guide but creatively make it your own.
- Provide product knowledge and solutions to customers to best suit their storage needs.
- Book reservations in a customer relationship management (CRM) software tool.
- Deal with customer complaints and escalations.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by call centre manager
- Work from Home with flexibility to work at corporate head office if needed.
- Starting pay of $18/hr. with merit increase based on annual Performance Appraisal.
- Comprehensive onboarding and ongoing training and development.
- Full benefits program after 3 months.
- Company sponsored retirement savings plan.
- Quarterly call-centre incentive bonus based on lead generation.
- Thanksgiving Day gift and Christmas bonus up to $100.
- Company-sponsored summer event and Christmas party.
- Opportunity for advancement