Arthur Grand Technologies is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Database Administrator – Senior for one of our clients.
Job Title: Database Administrator - Senior
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid)
Duration: Long Term
· Experience with MS SQL 2016/2019, Azure SQL and experience upgrading SQL-based systems
· Ability to provide post-implementation support and resolve any post-implementation technical issue
· Knowledge and experience with Debezium, Streaming Analytics and Azure SQL, Event Hub, Data factory, Data Bricks
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
· 10+ years of experience in database administration, maintenance, optimization, and fine tuning of databases
· 3-5 years of experience with creating data flow diagrams, entity relationship modeling and techniques
· 5+ years of experience in database development using SQL, SQL Plus, Stored Procedures, transitional databases
· Experienced with Extract, Load and Transform (ETL) processes and technologies
· Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008 to 2019 and maintenance, setup, configuration, deployment, troubleshooting
· Experience with building, troubleshooting, and maintaining SQL query scripts Experience with deployment and maintenance of distributed data warehouse environments and associated reporting tools
· Working knowledge of database normalization theory, STAR schema theory; data warehouse principles and cubes design
· Working knowledge of information security principles, techniques, and tools
· Experience in the use of information retrieval packages and working knowledge of query languages
· Experience in monitoring and enforcing database rules
· Experience in incident, change and configuration management procedures
· Working knowledge of Cognos and Crystal Reports reporting tools
· Experience with Enterprise Content Management Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and methodologies
Analytical & Communication Skills
· Demonstrated experience and competency to develop effective relationships with senior management and stakeholders.
· Strong oral and written communications and principles and methods, to draft reports and analyses
· Experience working with team-collaboration tools (Confluence and Jira
· Proven and demonstrable troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Able to understand impact of work from a business perspective
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong consulting skills to engage with all stakeholders
· A demonstrated team player with a track record for meeting deadline
About Arthur Grand Technologies:
Arthur Grand Technologies is a leading provider of staffing and technology consulting services. Our company is managed by a team of professionals who have worked for big 5 consulting firms for 20+ years. We are a minority-owned staff augmentation and technology consulting company.
At Arthur Grand Technologies, we value our employees & contractors and strive to provide them with challenging, interesting work, market-relevant benefits, and opportunities for professional growth. If you have the necessary qualifications, and are excited to join a dynamic team, please send your resume to [email protected] immediate consideration.
Thank you for considering Arthur Grand Technologies. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Arthur Grand Technologies Inc
Arthur Grand Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer (including disability/vets)
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Work Location: On the road