Who We Are
Truly Original. Original Foods Limited is a food manufacturer, privately owned. We operate a 216,000 square foot SQF facility where we co-pack, make private label products and also manufacture under our own brands. We create a very wide range of products: syrups, confectionary, bakery ingredients, sauces, broth, beverages and condiments. Our plant has different certifications and an extremely wide range of capabilities including organic, kosher pareve and dairy, peanut free, and vegan.
We are committed to continual growth. With investments in the form of research and development, branding, expansion, and acquisitions have been at the core of Original Foods’ growth throughout the years. We look to continue this momentum moving forward, becoming a more valuable industry leader with each passing year.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with Original Foods’ values.
Our company is looking for highly dependable team players to join our staff as food production line workers and machine operators. If you’ve always been fascinated with the process of industrial food products and are committed to supporting our brand’s reputation for excellent products, then this is the place for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Food production line workers are responsible for working in the food production line, labelling, mixing and packaging products to be shipped out to various companies across the country. They also monitor the machinery during the cooking process to make sure our product quality standards are being met.
- Some jobs consist of very light manual tasks and others involve more physical work, and we have opportunities in both areas.
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues.
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners.
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines.
- Uses good judgment about when to act independently or escalate an issue.
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example.
- Delivers results while staying aligned with Original Foods’ values.
Education & Experience
- Machine operating: 3 years (preferred)
- Food manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possess and display a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50 lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
Diversity and Accommodation
Original Foods has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each Team Member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our team to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dunnville, ON N1A 1H2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person