Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge is a unique, luxury, fully inclusive resort, located on the remote West Coast of Vancouver Island, just a 45minute seaplane flight from Vancouver or a 40 minute boat ride from Tofino. Open seasonally to guests from all over the world, our guests stay with us for 3, 4 or 7 nights and get to experience the best the wilderness has to offer, from wildlife viewing to fishing, hiking to canyoning, and even horseback riding.
Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge is part of Baillie Lodges - an Australia-based collection of 10 award-winning luxury lodges with properties in four countries and across three continents.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant General Manager to join our Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge family on Vancouver Island.
This year-round senior leadership position will oversee lodge operations, working closely with department leaders to support and assist them across all day-to-day operational issues. Throughout the summer season, your day will be spent welcoming guests on arrival, managing all Guest Services, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage and driving a positive team culture to enhance the guest experience and deliver business goals.
When the guests and summer team depart as the days get shorter and winter arrives, you’ll remain onsite with a small team of key personnel to ensure the lodge and property is maintained. You will work closely with the General Manager and Baillie Lodges Finance team to undertake finance, human resources and administrative tasks, including purchasing, capital expenditure and recruitment for the upcoming season.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic hospitality professional who can effortlessly move between strategic management as well as being a hands-on leader who can support the small team in daily operations.
This is an ideal time to join Baillie Lodges, with strong growth and career opportunities as the group continues to expand on a global scale.
You will have…
- Significant experience in Rooms and Food & Beverage management, ideally in the luxury segment
- Management experience in a remote working environment
- A great sense of humour and the ability to instil this approach in your team
- Strong financial acumen and organisational abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of guests and team members
- Experience with hotel reservations systems and Microsoft Office programs
- A current unrestricted driver license, First Aid certificate and Serving It Right certificate - or the ability to obtain these
- Free onsite accommodation with all meals included
- Team and family accommodation discounts across all Baillie Lodges properties
- Family culture and new friendships await – regular social outings, BBQ’s and group activities
Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge is part of Baillie Lodges. Baillie Lodges is an Australia-based collection of award-winning luxury lodges, each a leader in personal and sustainable travel. Our unique destinations include Capella Lodge on Lord Howe Island, Silky Oaks Lodge in the Daintree Rainforest, Longitude 131° at Australia's spiritual heart, Uluru-Kata Tjuta, The Louisein the Barossa Valley, New Zealand's iconic Huka Lodge, and rising from the ashes in 2023 Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island, Australia. The trio of Tierra Hotels in Chile including Atacama, Patagonia and Chiloe joined the collection in 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Do you have experience with hotel reservations systems and Microsoft Office programs ?
- Hotel management: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-03