Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Sales Support Associate, you’ll get the opportunity to execute on a variety of tasks: driving sales, supporting merchandise standards, freight flow, inventory, as well as replenishment procedures. You demonstrate a high degree of customer engagement and look to maximizes sales while effectively assisting customers. With everyday being fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful, you will be inspired to bring your ‘A-Game’ everyday!
Specifically, you will:
- Connect, share and partner with customers to identify solutions that cater to their needs and add value.
- Maintain company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, planograms, promotional planners, advertising set-ups and displays.
- Process out-of-stock procedures to maintain replenishment.
- Assist in keeping the damaged product area clean and that items in need of shrink-wrapping are attended to in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching and training to your team including delegating work and following up on completion.
- Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
- In some store locations, this role is a keyholder and is responsible for closing and opening the store.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- 3 to 6 months of previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Ability to achieve customer service excellence and sales results
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to communicate with and engage customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Learning & Development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And more...
- A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
- Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to exposure to variable temperatures in receiving and noise from delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust. Due to direct contact with delivery trucks, forklifts, and use of the bailer machine there is higher risk of personal injury if safe working habits are not practiced.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- Required to work a varying schedule to meet the needs of the business. This includes working evenings and weekends.
- Forklift Training and certification may be required.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.