The Communications and Community Engagement portfolio consists of an integrated team of communication, marketing and community engagement professionals. We tell the stories of how Horizon staff, physicians, volunteers and patients, clients and family members are working to improve health care in our province and help ensure New Brunswickers have the information they need about their health care services.
Our team members have meaningful influence with health care leaders within Horizon, helping guide the organization through complex and challenging situations involving various internal and external stakeholders.
The portfolio is responsible for: corporate communications; internal communications; digital communications; media relations; marketing and advertising; creative services (graphic design, photography and videography); community engagement; and translation services.
Our work is fast-paced and rewarding, and every day on the job is different!
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Public Service benefits including health and dental, government pension, sick time, vacation time starting at 3 weeks
- Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 for candidates from outside New Brunswick. This position can be based in Saint John, Fredericton, Upper River Valley, Moncton or Miramichi.
- This position will allow the successful candidate to gain experience and expertise in a multitude of communication channels and work with health care providers, leadership and support personnel from across our organization.
- Provide strategic communications leadership to ensure information disseminated from Horizon aligns with corporate strategic goals and preserves and improves reputation.
- Develop, implement and evaluate corporate communication strategies.
- Work with Horizon’s leadership teams supporting quality improvement and organizational change.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to ensure successful organizational outcomes and an engaged team.
- Promote a culture of high performance, engagement and continuous improvement.
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding of new employees as required, including interviewing and candidate selection.
- Travelling within New Brunswick, sometimes on short notice
- Occasionally working evenings or weekends
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and WordPress or other content management systems considered an asset
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field is required, Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience in communications, media relations and multimedia, plus a minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing comprehensive strategic communications to advance an organization’s mission and goals, ideally with a background in health care or in a large, complex corporate environment/organization.
- An organized self-starter, capable of engaging others and demonstrating leadership to achieve results.
- Strong project management, problem-solving and writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in French considered an asset.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person