Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $37.01 - $53.20 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Project Leader is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned smaller facilities projects and/or projects with a lower degree of complexity, including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis. Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning and implementation of approved small projects and/or enabling sub-projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines. Oversees assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
- Functions as the single point of contact for assigned projects. Liaises with various internal and external stakeholders; conveys information and responds to queries, concerns, etc. with respect to project status, design and construction matters; provides frequent clear and concise reports to Redevelopment leadership regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carries out project plans according to established Redevelopment project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks; reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to Redevelopment leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings throughout the project lifecycle; seeks input from stakeholders (physicians, staff, Infection Control, Housekeeping, external users, etc.) during all stages of the project. Attends and/or leads construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules, and to direct activities as required; ensures Fraser Health's interests are represented in resolution of problems; ensures meeting outcomes and decisions are accurately documented and follow-up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Provides input to project business plans and project charters as requested; conducts feasibility studies; performs analysis and develops solutions. Prepares cost estimates and recommends budgets. Prepares planning and construction schedules to align with user needs and expectations.
- Reviews and assesses space occupancy and utilization. Documents current state and functional requirements to inform decision making by business units and/or senior leadership within the Redevelopment project. Provides recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Coordinates planning, design and contract document preparation by liaising with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance.
- Signs off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; maintains current copies of drawings, plans, manuals, proposals, etc. for assigned projects; files and/or archives completed project materials in accordance with Redevelopment project protocols.
- Participates in and provides input on consultant selection and project tendering; administers contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables, and that corresponding payments are processed. Arranges for procurement of furniture and minor equipment required to implement projects.
- Liaises with Planning and Engineering Departments of municipalities in geographic areas supported by Fraser Health to obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects.
- Coordinates and/or advises on potential impacts of work activities affecting site operations; arranges scheduled shutdown of systems, power interruptions, etc. based on operational requirements. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues.
- Monitors adherence to established safety, infection control and risk mitigation protocols by contractors and the Fraser Health's staff during project implementation; reports exceptions to appropriate personnel; takes corrective action as required.
- Leads and/or facilitates operational commissioning and any project-related decanting or moves; supports Fraser Health's leaders in the identification and implementation of operational changes required for successful project completion.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field, together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.