Why Choose Us?
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial markets.
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our products, our operations and our people. Each is critically important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our wide-ranging initiatives.
How You'll Perform the Role
What We Need From You
- Ensure that machines in the work cell run at optimal cycle time thus maximizing productivity
- Prepare consumable reports and order and credit corrugate as per requirements
- Ensure production reporting at shift end is accurate and complete
- Perform technical troubleshooting in work cell to ensure that machines run as per cycle time
- Anticipate upcoming setups in the work cell and makes adequate preparations for labels, roll stock, cardboard etc. in order to minimize downtime and resolve any material shortfall on a timely basis
- Enter correct downtime codes on the ANDON production reporting system.
- Check the quality of the products for common Quality issues in order to ensure that the part meets or exceeds the standards set
- Provide assistance to the setup team in completing setups as and when required
- Assign machines to operators, assign relief breaks, and directly provide relief breaks whenever required
- Actively participate in projects related to production efficiency, Cycle time improvement, Roll change, Waste reduction and operational optimization.
- Mentor the new operators in operating/trouble shooting the machines.
- Diligently follow lockout / tag out procedures whenever required
- Maintain proper housekeeping and 5S in own work area and around work units
- Perform all work in a safe manner and fully comply with the Safety and Quality (GMP) policies and procedures of the Company
- Any other duties as assigned by the Management
What You'll Get From Us
- Minimum of a high school diploma, mechanical diploma is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience as machine operator in thermoforming or 5+ years as a lead hand in a manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Demonstrated capability in technical troubleshooting on machinery and issues arising with parts, moulds, and tools
- Clear understanding of quality issues with parts and tools and ways to address
- Capable of safely and competently operating each and every type of thermoforming machine in the plant
- Lift and move product / parts / boxes when required
- Team player with multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook for reporting
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
With safety as our top priority and a commitment to employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may vary depending on where you work.
At Novolex, giving back to the local communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and Development
We offer constant opportunities for advancement. From skills development to advanced education programs, training and development programs and courses are available through Novolex University. Programs include company and industry training curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the organization.
Job Reference: CA00245