A 7 Building - 84 unit condominium complex located in Bedford is seeking to recruit and hire an experienced, motived, and detailed oriented Individual Property Superintendent or Couple to take on this exciting role.
- Perform minor repair and maintenance and when needed, supplement third-party landscaping and snow removal services to ensure the property is safe and orderly.
- With the Property Manager, coordinate services being conducted by third-party service providers. This includes granting access, on-site supervision, and validating that work is completed by contractors as specified.
- Monitor and test the following building systems as required:
Conduct monthly checks on the fire safety systems which includes emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, pull stations and common area exit doors.
- Corridor ventilation.
- Lighting, electric timers and/or photocells.
- Monitor appropriate Parking protocols are followed
- Engage with owners to ensure they are following the rules of the Corporation including bylaws and declarations which identifies reasonable noise, pet policies, etc.
- Maintain seasonally the outside pool
- Conduct and record daily checks of building, common area, Pool, garage refuse area, etc. and reporting any unusual situations.
- Report, and record as required, maintenance, resident concerns, building component failures, and other emergencies to the Property Manager on a timely basis.
- Proactively identify repairs or property concerns that should be addressed.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with residents and respond to resident requests in an appropriate manner, escalating requests, issues, or concerns to the Property Manager as required.
- Be a point of contact for residents, service providers, and the Property Manager (in person, by cell phone, or e-mail) during working hours.
- Respond to after-hour emergencies as required.
- Manage move in (move outs) to ensure no damage occurs to the property and that security of the building is maintained.
- Ensure new residents and tenants know the rules and you enforce them with help of Property Manager. Education of rules is key.
- Update intercom software/panel upon resident changes.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly log and incident sheets.
- Monitor security of building through visual inspection
- Become familiar with property rules and regulations. Conduct inspections of the common elements Note any violations, post notices and report infractions to the Property Manager.
- Distribute correspondence to residents as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the Common Areas of the Building are kept Clean at all times.
- Ensure front foyer, entry-way, exits, hallways, stairs, are maintained with high level of standards.
- Ensure carpets over the 7 Buildings are maintained and kept clean. Winter emphasis with salt control required.
- Dry mop the entry tiles each day.
- Order cleaning supplies as required.
- Inspect the building for cleaning deficiencies and work with the Property Manger to close any gaps.
- 1 to 3 years previous building superintendent experience preferred
- Previous repair and maintenance experience in a multi-unit residential building
- Must pass criminal background check
Skills & Abilities:
- A self-starter who exhibits a high level of professionalism and competence.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work effectively.
- A good listener with the ability to respond quickly and diplomatically to resident inquiries and issues.
- Physically able to perform cleaning and maintenance duties. As there is no elevators, must be okay with stairs.
- Possess the required skills and experience to perform minor maintenance and repair tasks, including painting; always adhere to relevant safety standards.
- Knowledge of current relevant building codes is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including email.
In this position, the individuals who meet these criteria will be offered a competitive compensation package that includes occupancy of a beautiful two bedroom condo.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application and resumes to Real Estate 360 Property Advisory Limited by replying to this ad.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22,000.00-$27,500.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Superintendent: 1 year (preferred)
- Residential cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person