Lumbermens is a commercial risk data provider, and has been in operation for over 100 years. We are in our next stage of our strategic growth and we are looking for a bright and focused individual to join our brand new division that is focused on database application development, user interfaces, and creative Skunk Works mentality items.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $75,000.00 base salary
2 weeks Vacation
- Take ownership of the maintenance and development of key new database product components including PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers, packages, and complex analytical reports
- Analyze, design, and develop lean, secure, well-documented and testable code of moderate complexity using modern design techniques that conform to the requirements, established technical architecture, and industry best practices
- Produce written test cases, unit tests, and integration tests and perform necessary application testing to ensure code quality and adherence to requirements
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers, and QA in an Agile development process to ensure effective communication among all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot software issues to determine root causes and provide solutions
- Work with leadership on innovation concepts, blue sky development ideas and collaborate with companies across the portfolio
- Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit or verify information and data
- Develop and maintain MS SQL stored procedures for a variety of platforms
- Maintain the existing database structure by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Work with existing store procedures and design, implement, and document the database structure including database maintenance
- Will be responsible for design, code & maintain databases and user interfaces, and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Work with President on researching development ideas and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements.
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Maintain and own database in all environments.
Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, math, or relevant coursework; or comparable work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development, including object-oriented design and programming.
- At least 3 years working with RESTful API, creating or maintaining endpoints, and integrating with external API.
- 3 years of proven experience and deep knowledge of SQL, and database performance optimization.
- Minimum 3 years of experience: Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security, ETL Development
- Must have a strong technical background in application architecture and design, ideally with a strong experience in overall solution architecture
- Experience of end-to-end solution design in a web-based application development environment.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, integrity, normalization, and best practices
- Able to perform data analysis , error logging, exception handling and write complex SOL queries/stored procedure.
- Ability to code is C# and other related .NET technologies with relation to current and legacy applications.
- Analyze legacy reporting database objects and develop methods to create replacement versions
· Adoption of Agile and Scrum development methodology
- Experience in custom queries for pulling data into spreadsheets, write API, and help BI reporting development
- Ability to reverse engineer stored procedure and table relationships from front-end systems and end-user requirements.
- Experience and competence creating operational requirements and turning those requirements into data-outputs.
- Understanding of end-user reporting concepts (date grains, dynamic grouping, filtering)
- Familiarity with any of the following is required:
- Web services and working with JSON and XML data payloads.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Well verse in creating autonomous database backups and recoveries.
- Monitoring database
- Expertise in concepts of Database lock, space management, export and import of the database etc.
- Expert in SQL coding.
- Optimization of SQL query.
You would be joining a team that has these following core values that drive the company’s focuses:
Dedication to the Customer
Respect for Employees
Value of Partnerships
Live Agility and Innovation, Daily
Responsibility to Shareholders
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L5T 3A3