Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Power Engineer is responsible for the safe operation of the plant's boiler, electrical generator, heating, and air handling systems.
Must hold at least a 4th class power engineer ticket in Canada
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Operates and maintains the high-pressure boiler.
- Operates and maintains the electrical heating boiler.
- Operates and maintains the backup electrical generator.
- Operates and maintains the building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment.
- Assists the maintenance of boiler equipment.
- Maintains required reports, daily logs and reading sheets.
- Performs appropriate chemical tests on boiler water.
- Interacts with contract personnel and companies to ensure repair and maintenance of boiler equipment, auxiliaries, and feedwater.
- Follows all housekeeping policies according to good manufacturing practices.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Diploma or certificate in Electronic Control and Instrumentation from community college or trade school (or equivalent combination of education and training.)
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good writing, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and correct situations.
- Computer literacy required and familiarity with PC based Windows operating systems.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting of PLC's.
- Experience with preventive maintenance programs and applications.
- Read and interpret schematics and blueprints.