The Supply Chain Transformation and Engineering team is seeking a Project Management Engineer to lead capital investments for the PFC division with a focus on the Cambridge site.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on (Job Description):
· Experienced project manager that can independently lead large projects/programs in the field with minimal direction and guidance. Critical leader in delivering complex projects utilizing top organizational skills and creative thinking.
· Works cross functionally with local and Division team members to set deliverables on any size or scope project from single production line installations to extensive site transformation projects – including projects with aggressive timelines and potential scope changes – to meet or exceed project expectations
· Typically, responsible for project portfolio valued at >$10MM
· Serve as Engineering primary point of contact on Capital Strategy
· Strategizes and plans ahead to identify schedule, cost or field service expectation issues before they come to fruition and can develop action plans to meet project needs
· Builds and leverages external connections to technology, vendors and equipment suppliers to identify new innovations and optimize current technologies
· Champions strategic change that drives business results
· Builds a strong collaboration network with a culture that fosters engagement, excitement, and commitment to the work and organization
· Develops and promote strategies to maximize the organization’s ability to innovate, improve, and produce high quality results
· Develop conceptual scope for new production lines and capacity boosts including process, packaging, warehouse, building and facilities,
· Demonstrate strong cost management skills. Create Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost ranges for capacity and innovation solutions; Develop CAR grade estimates and write funding documents including ESRs and CARs; Create presentations for funding requests.
· Develops and manages excellent capital and expense forecasts for large project portfolio; Performs excellent cost control to lower project costs and achieve budget targets
· Demonstrate strong project time management skills including creating initial and baseline project schedules and developing schedule acceleration options
· Working with multiple contractors/vendors to meet installation schedule aligned with site to adequately manage, communicate and mitigate project risks
· Leads cross functional teams (R+D, Finance, Asset Strategy, HQ COEs, the field) and charts a path for project success
· Some weekend work may be necessary as part of project execution.
· On board and coach new PMs on project management
· Expected travel: 20% to 30%
Who’s a good fit for the team (Qualifications)
· BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil or Industrial Engineering
· Strong Project Management skills with considerable experience in managing projects; Project Management Professional Certification a plus
· Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate well with cross-functional partners as well as senior leadership
· Ability to manage multiple projects, accelerated timelines and competing priorities
· Manufacturing (processing/packaging) engineering experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person