At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Customer Experience Representative - Seasonal
Team and Location: Commercial - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Minimum Starting Salary: $40,800 / year
The Customer Experience Representative (CXR) is responsible for responding and resolving customer inquiries across multiple channels (phone, email, social, chat).
- Open and manage existing customer accounts by recording and maintaining account information
- Answers a high volume of customer calls and achieve Service Level of 85%
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries, orders, and complaints promptly and professionally
- Direct or escalate requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Increase revenue through inside sales initiatives
- Perform customer verifications
- Perform credit verification using the Equifax credit tool
- Process credit card pre-authorizations and sales accurately
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions through account comments
- Manage administration associated with customer accounts
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is eligible to participate in the hybrid work model
Qualifications and Skills:
- Great interpersonal skills (internal/external), with relentless customer focus
- Good communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (Office 365, ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Numeric, oral and written language applications
- Good data entry / keyboard skills
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking/prioritizing skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to be flexible
- Stress tolerance
- Experience with training and onboarding at Parkland or previous (Training SME)
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.