YYC Freight Services is an established Calgary based company offering warehousing, ground handling and transportation services to the freight forwarding community, direct shippers, as well as the aviation industry. Located at the Calgary International Airport with direct access to tarmac (air side), we are perfectly situated to service our clients on and off the airport.
YYC Freight Services has always been committed to providing a superior work environment and we are proud of our established team of qualified employees. We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Cargo Runner and Warehouse Agent. The shifts will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00.
· Operating YYC Freight vehicles and equipment to transfer cargo to & from our warehouse to other airside cargo handling warehouses and airlines, picking up cargo directly from flights when required.
· Accuracy and attention to detail with preparing, loading, and building-up outbound cargo; as well as unloading and putting away inbound cargo and freight using the appropriate warehouse equipment.
· Communicate and update office teams on status of all shipments being handled each day, ensuring that all cargo is tendered and retrieved as planned and any deviations are promptly reported.
· Must be able to work within strict timelines to maintain on-time departures and compliance with airline cutoffs, while always ensuring safety
· Accepting, loading, unloading, and releasing cargo in accordance with airline requirements; including document verifications, physical cargo checks, completion of required paperwork and airline system updates
· Screening export cargo in accordance with Transport Canada regulations and customer specifications.
· Demonstrate effective understanding of all security procedures and regulations
· Ensure segregation and storage requirements are met for all cargo, including time-sensitive, cooler/freezer, pharmaceutical products, and dangerous goods
· Ensure airside vehicles are kept clean, fueled, and prepared for transfer runs
· Providing high quality, attentive, and respectful service to customers
· Forklift operation and usage of pallet jacks required to load/unload cargo
· Handling all cargo with caution and ensuring damage and discrepancies are identified and reported
· Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety programs and initiatives, ensuring standards are met and adhered to
· Be able to lift packages up to 30kg on a consistent basis
· Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly work area
· Must practice all company’s Safety Policies including, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures and obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment
· Perform other warehouse and shipping & receiving duties as required
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
· Previous cargo, transportation, and logistics experience are an asset.
· Preference given to candidates that hold an AVOP (Airside Vehicle Operators Permit). Must be capable and willing to get an AVOP if applicant does not currently have one.
· Must be able to secure a YYC RAIC and pass a background check
· Valid non-GDL Class 5 drivers license, with a clean driving abstract
· Able to work outside in all weather conditions
· Previous warehouse, shipping & receiving, and forklift experience are an asset
· Reliable, organized, professional, punctual, and diligent
· Able to plan and prioritize tasks, performing multiple functions as required
· Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
· Display proficiency with computers and e-mail management, learning new concepts and systems quickly
· Willingness to work additional hours when required is an asset
· Refined verbal and written communication skills, with an excellent knowledge of English
· Wage is negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Please note the posted starting wage is based on applicants already possessing a valid YYC RAIC and AVOP.
· Vacation pay and opportunities for overtime, extra hours, and additional earned days off
· Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits upon completion of 3-month probationary period
· Opportunities for career advancement and cross-training throughout the company
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you currently reside in Calgary or close to our location?
- Do you have a clean driving abstract?
- warehouse or YYC airport: 1 year (required)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- non-GDL Class 5 Licence (required)
- YYC AVOP (preferred)
Work Location: In person