Graduate Structural Engineer - EDM01HP
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Other Locations: CAN-AB-Calgary
Employment Type: Employee
Job Level: Graduate
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2023
Unposting Date: Oct 15, 2023
Reporting Manager Title: Manager, Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering and Design
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Graduate Civil/ Structural Engineer
We are currently looking for a Graduate Civil/ Structural Engineer to join our team working under a lead/ senior engineer as required.
- Prepare engineering calculations and design sketches for structural steel, piling, concrete foundations and earthwork.
- Coordinate and gather technical information required for design from other disciplines.
- Prepare Material Take-offs and other engineering deliverables.
- Prepare specifications and reports.
- Utilize 3D models to support engineering design work.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance if required.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered with APEGA or EGBC as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.).
- Technical and practical civil/ structural engineering skills.
- Knowledge of the fundamental requirements of civil/ structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Developing skills in structural engineering analysis software (STAAD)
- Knowledge of CSA S16, CSA A23.3 and National Building Code (NBC).
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.