Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment is looking to find a Material Handler for our warehouse team in Chilliwack. This is an ideal position for an individual who is a natural planner who enjoys working with their hands in a dynamic environment.
What We Do:
At Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment, we’re passionate about providing high-quality equipment, supplies, and services to the foodservice industry. For over 80 years, we’ve been a trusted partner to restaurants, hotels, and institutions across Canada. Our mission is to help our customers succeed by providing them with the tools they need to run efficient and profitable operations.
Working For Us:
We’re a team of dedicated professionals who take pride in our work and value collaboration, innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction. Our culture is one of respect, integrity, and accountability, and we’re committed to providing our employees with the support and resources they need to reach their full potential.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in the industry, and to make a real impact on the success of our customers. We offer competitive compensation packages, comprehensive benefits, ongoing training and development opportunities, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Load, unload and move products and materials to designated locations in the warehouse by hand or equipment.
- Assist in picking and placing orders.
- Check received orders and confirm that all inventory transactions are completed and documented.
- Pick orders and prepare them for shipping, including stacking, wrapping, packing and crating products.
- Participate in cleanup and maintenance.
- Perform other handling duties such as: counting, weighing, and sorting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- You are a natural planner, with great organizational skills.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- You are capable of working independently with minimal direction.
- You have knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques.
- You are able to safely carry, lift, move product/supplies in excess of 50lbs.
- You are comfortable with technology and able to learn new programs.
- You are comfortable in a team and independent work environment.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback.
What’s In It for You:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
- $400 per year fitness subsidy.
- Dynamic and inclusive work environment.
- Paid sick days.
- Excellent employee discount.
- Opportunity for growth.
- Paid Volunteer leave.
Russell Hendrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Russell Hendrix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Work Location: In person