Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
Food & Nutrition Aide
Prepares ingredients and/or regular and special food items to the quantities required following standardized recipes ensuring standards of taste, texture, temperature and presentation are achieved. Receives and transfers food items to appropriate storage areas. Rotates food items as needed. Prepares portions, sets up and serves food required items for non-resident areas. Prepares, reheats, portions, sets up, serves according to resident dietary cardex, replenishes food and supplies as needed. Appropriately stores unused food and supplies in proper area after meal service.
Follows appropriate sanitation, safety and operating procedures according to Departmental Policies and Procedures. Performs general cleaning duties in the work area as necessary or as specified (including floors, refrigerators, ovens, coffee machine, juice machine, shelves, soup well, carts, etc.). Cleans and sanitizes soiled dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. Reports any accidents, incidents, or other workplace concerns to the supervisor.
- Ability to speak and write English sufficiently to meet the normal requirements of the job
- Ability to perform job duties, which may include the use of specific equipment
- A valid Food Handler Certification - one-day food handler course which teaches safe food handling principles and practices, valid for 5 years. This course requirement is to be provided by Public Health, under The Health and Promotion Act.
- A Police Check (vulnerable sector) must be completed if the applicant did not provide one to Perley Health upon hire.
- Institutional, health care, restaurant, or hospitality food service experience that the employer is reasonably satisfied that will allow them to perform the duties required of the position.
Core Skills: Knowledge of basic food handling and cleaning/sanitation techniques.
Technical Skills: Dish room equipment including dish machine, ORCA. Cafeteria equipment including Rational oven, coffee machines, scales, steam tables, flat top, fryers, panini press, toaster, chafing dishes.
Starting wage: $22.22 per hour
[Shift Premium] $1.20 shift premium available for all hours where the majority of your scheduled hours fall between 3PM-7AM.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.22 per hour
- Food Handler Certification (required)
Work Location: In person