Keswick Site Manager
(Keswick Site: 716 The Queensway S., Keswick, ON L4P 4C9)
Full-time, permanent (35 hours per week)
$83,385 - $98,100 + Health Benefits and HOOPP
The Vaughan Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit, community-governed organization providing primary health care, social services, and illness prevention programs primarily to the residents of the Western and Northern York Region. We serve those people experiencing barriers to accessing health care services due to culture, language, age, chronic illness, or the like. As part of the health promotion framework of our services, we work in partnership with other community-based health and social service organizations to address individual, family and community needs.
The VCHC has expanded its primary health care services. Specifically, the VCHC has implemented a direct referral system to improve access to inter-professional care by allowing non-team-based family physicians to connect vulnerable (medically and socially complex) patients to services available at the VCHC.
The Keswick Site Manager is responsible foroverseeing all aspects of the Keswick site operations, including the inter-professional care team and the People Accessing Care Team (PACT) services. The Manager will supervise the purchase of service agreements for chiropody, physiotherapy, and psychology services for Keswick and Vaughan sites and ensure that all stakeholders’ needs are met (staff team, clients, referring physicians/clinicians, community partners and funders).
Team and Facility Management
· Collaborate with VCHC Leadership Team to design, implement and evaluate allied health services and social programs, based on the social determinants of health, for socially and medically complex individuals referred by local solo physicians/clinicians and community at large.
· Manage the purchase of service agreements for physiotherapy, chiropody and psychology for Keswick and Vaughan sites and ensure contracts are updated and renewed annually, along with the required insurance.
· Oversee Keswick site facility and communicate with building property management to ensure health and safety requirements for the site are addressed.
· Supervise the Keswick Team and provide ongoing feedback on work performance and ongoing projects; conduct performance appraisals.
· Monitor the progress of team workplan and in meeting annual funder targets; utilize quality improvement strategies to support the team in meeting the targets.
· Coordinate and approve team members’ work schedules. That is, authorize timesheets, time off and professional development requests, reimbursement for mileage/staff expenses, etc. as per VCHC guidelines and policies.
· Support team members in implementing coordinated outreach and health promotion activities with other VCHC service providers.
· Monitor client wait time for programs and services; conduct analysis to determine factors impacting wait time; and establish processes to provide more timely access to programs and services.
· Evaluate and monitor impact of programs on health outcomes; identify gaps and areas for improvement; and implement processes to address those gaps.
Community Engagement and Partnerships
· Liaise with community service agencies in Northern York Region and participate in planning tables/networks to promote the visibility of VCHC programs and services and support collective action to address systemic needs, as required.
· Build strategic partnerships and collaborate with local community agencies to identify service gaps in the community and implement programs to address those gaps.
· Manage partnership agreements and communicate with partners regarding the status of partnerships and evaluation of the same.
· Implement consistent workflow processes and standards for PACT program at Keswick and Vaughan sites; use quality improvement strategies to increase efficiency in the delivery of programs and services.
· Create and chair a PACT Advisory Committee, one for the Northern York Region and the other for Western York Region; follow-up on committee’s feedback, where appropriate, to improve services.
· Draft, implement, and monitor stakeholder surveys/feedback from clients and referring clinicians for PACT services and follow-up on recommendations.
· Address complaints from clients, staff, and stakeholders.
· Participate in the VCHC Quality Improvement Committee and provide quarterly updates on stakeholder surveys/feedback.
· Maintain the accreditation standard requirements for PACT program and Keswick site.
· Baccalaureate degree in a health care field and experience in health administration
· Three to five years of project management experience with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
· Experience in leading and supporting an interdisciplinary primary health care team
· Commitment to and knowledge of community development and community-based health care delivery
· Knowledge of and experience in implementing quality improvement activities
· Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining partnerships and stakeholders’ networks
· Excellent time management, conflict management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Superior written and oral communication skills in English, including presentation skills
· Knowledge and experience working with Electronic Medical Records and Microsoft Office
Interviews will occur on rolling basis; please apply as soon as you can.
Successful candidates must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening reference check to the satisfaction of the Vaughan Community Health Centre. Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (1st and 2nd dose and booster) is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Keswick Site Manager Hiring Committee
c/o Vaughan Community Health Centre Head Office
9401 Jane Street, Suite 206
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 4H7
Fax: (905) 303-9444
While applications are preferred via email, you are welcome to apply by fax, mail or in person.
Accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process, please call us at (905) 303-8490 ext.2631 to provide your contact information and a member from the hiring Committee will contact you.
Vaughan Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $83,385.00-$98,100.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Keswick, ON L4P 4C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience in leading and supporting an interdisciplinary primary health care team?
- Do you have experience/knowledge in implementing quality improvement activities?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person