Warrington PCI Management is the largest commercial property managers in BC. The company manages approximately 18 million sq ft of retail, office, industrial, multi-family and marine properties throughout the Lower Mainland. We are looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a mixed portfolios. Please note this is a contract role until December 2023.
The primary purpose of the position of Property Manager is to provide professional oversight and direction, in the management of an assigned portfolio of properties within various asset classes. The Property Manager is to actively demonstrate the Warrington PCI Management (“WPM”) Mission Statement, which is to foster trust and mutual respect in all business relationships, and to maximize the return on and value of our client’s real estate assets.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Team and Stakeholder Management
- Customer and Business Relations: Collaborate with all internal and external members of the WPM team, which will include clients, tenants, vendors, contractors, accounting and administrative staff to ensure the most efficient operation of each assigned property. Demonstrate professional, effective and proactive, timely response in all business matters.
- Leadership: Specifically, responsible for the building operations staff to ensure the WPM standard of care for each property is maintained at all times. This will include the administration of the company’s performance management program and to ensure appropriate vacation/leave support when necessary. Property Managers supervise day-to-day work of the Property Administrators and ensure appropriate vacation/leave support when necessary, but all performance management for the Property Administrators will be done by the Senior VP, Property Management.
- Tenant Relations: Consistently fair administration of the lease agreement, while providing sound and practical interpretation of the lease to all parties to the agreement; work closely with leasing department in regard to sub leases, assignments and other lease administration functions, ensure proper documentation is in place, and that leasing objectives are being achieved as stipulated by the client; and, coordination and attendance in touring of the space and property to prospective tenants as required. Maintain positive tenant relations through regular site visits, prompt response to questions/concerns, and routinely scheduled tenant meetings and correspondence.
- Management of a predominantly commercial portfolio
- Property Maintenance and Repair: Ensure that all mechanical and safety systems are maintained in peak operating condition, to enhance user satisfaction, efficient energy consumption and environmental sustainability, and long-term capital appreciation; scheduled preventative maintenance to be completed on time and on budget. Must be On-Call for emergencies (24/7).
- Standard of Care (Property): Conduct regularly scheduled inspections of each property to ensure that highest standard of cleanliness and maintenance are consistently maintained at all times.
- Administration: Manage tenant and/or owner initiatives related to insurance/risk management, incidents and claims, legal files, as well as environmental and energy conservation programs. Cooperate in the implementation of corporate initiatives.
- Financial Performance: Prepare for presentation to the client, annual operating and capital budgets, operating cost reconciliations, and monthly variance reporting; work directly with the accounting team to ensure accuracy; and, liaise with all stakeholders to ensure proper and thorough understanding.
- Project Management: Timely execution of all necessary and approved capital improvement and repair projects; provide appropriate communication to all stakeholders; and, ensure projects are completed on budget and as approved (if change orders are required). Oversight and coordination of necessary approvals for tenant improvement projects within the assigned portfolio.
- Accounts Receivable: Direct responsibility for the accurate invoicing and collection of all rent and additional rent and charges in accordance with the lease, the WPM management agreement, and service agreements.
Other duties as directed by the Senior VP/VP, Property Management as required.
To be successful in the Property Manager position, an individual must be committed to the ongoing demonstration and development of the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related field, with a preference for a commerce or business-related major
- Minimum five years related experience in property management, managing commercial properties including office, retail and/or industrial portfolios
- Valid rental management license with Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Experience and working knowledge of Yardi Voyager and PayScan is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Exceptional managerial, leadership, customer-service, and communication skills to coach and motivate direct reports and third-party vendors
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts at all levels of an organization and to different audiences
- Ability to network with industry professionals, vendors, and ownership groups
- Strong financial management skills and business acumen
- Practical judgement and decisive manner
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain a calm focus
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Positive self-starter, self-motivated, hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of operations procedures, general maintenance, construction, contract negotiation, accounting/finance and computer applications
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Occupation Health & Safety
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E2Y3